BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Hids Again ????

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  xXNealXx 
#1 ·
Hi just another question on Hids ,ive got a 06 E46 coupe M Sport and im wanting to fit Hids but which ones do i choose as there are H7s and now H7Rs
which ever ones i need plz lmk and are they idiot proof to fit ,ive got the projector headlights if this helps , also where to get them from.
Thanks in Advance
gindo.

#3 ·
Got my kit delivered and just had a little look at it. However, the wiring and plugs are not what I expected. I thought it would be simply a case of plug and play.

I have plugged the bulb into the ballast and vice versa, however I am only left with a black and a red wire with spade connections on the end. I guess these have to go to the original headlight plug? If so, that means I will have to cut the original plugs off and splice the new ones in.

Is this correct?

#5 ·
yeah buy a CRIMPING KIT from halfords and HEATSHRINK sleaves(for waterproofing) and snip the box off and put female spades on the remaining wiring connect the spades then slide the heatshrink over the connections and blast with a hairdryer. easy!

#26 ·
Just to clarify, you have two types of projector lenses...HID and halogen. Both look similar, but have different focal points. You can fit HID in halogen projectors which will reduce beam scatter.

And no Craig, you cannot retrofit projectors in non projector headlights as the auto levelling will not work and the projectors would stick out from the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.