BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 e46 328 ci, new, new to bimmers, have I bought a heap?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  m44lee 
#1 ·
brought my first bimmer yesterday. 328 coupe e46. 2000. feel in love with it to look at, been sprayed white and has black 19" 10 spokes. off new 3 series i believe?

anyway. i got this car from up north, south yorkshire. im from essex so had the long drive back down the m1 yesterday. was happy as larry with the drive. except for 1 thing. i couldnt get it into 6th gear .........ever. it felt like it was hitting something that was stopping it. and going into 4th instead. revs going up not down! now i know, i have to pull the gear stick to me and down. so its not that i dont know where 6th is. i have spoken to the seller and they insisted it is find. says im doing something wrong!!! this cant be right. i know how to change gear!

please help. ive read it could be a gearbox problem? im praying it not. obviously !

another thing, on motorway, or even around town. the engine seems to find little if nothing at all at about 2500-3000 revs. surely if im in 5th doing 60 say it should still pull quite well?

help please!!

thanks
i know nothing about cars as you will of gathered so any help would be fantastic

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.