BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1996 e36 325tds - Align DME and EWS

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  essop1@gp 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I would like to find out if there are any instructions for aligning the DME and EWS of my car using easyDIS.
Maybe i should've started with the problem i am having, i am unable to start the vehicle, doesnt even crank. All electronics go on fine. A friend has helped with trying to get it started using the software, all errors were cleared, but as he has a e39 M5, he is not sure how to align the DME and EWS of my car.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
I tried this before with DIS, and got no where!

To do this, select diagnose, choose the model, you may need to do manual identification, then quick test.

*important*
You should get an X next to EWS, if it can talk to the module.

Now pick Control unit functions, and highlight EWS,
click next, and it will identify the module, >, and you will get a list of 4 option, and I think you choose service functions.

Now - not cranking is a sign that the EWS is not happy with the key, or maybe the EWS works differently on a diesel, as with mechanical injection, an engine will start if it turns over. Make sure the EWS box and key are from the same car, and the ECU should sync.

I did try this before, but got nowhere, but you might have more luck.

#3 ·
Your point about the EWS not being happy with the key, those are the errors that came up, although it was in german, it said something about the key, we cleared the errors and checked again, no errors, now i am not sure how this software works or maybe there is a time line in which it check again for new erros but there wasnt any after we cleared them. It's definitely from the same car, i had the barrel repaired as it was spinning, when it came back i put the antenna ring back on, re-wired and thats when it all started.
So you could be on the right track, so i can no assume that the key has lost its coding?

#5 ·
Yip everything is the same, nothing was changed at any point. I will try and get the error codes and post them.
The vehicle is currently at a workshop, for replacement of injector seals, and clutch kit and service, so dont think the mechanics have touched any wiring, but i will check everything again just to make sure.
Thanks for the assistance, hope to get this sorted soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.