BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1994 E36 325i - fly wheel options.

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Momanatorz 
#1 ·
Ok just wondering what fly wheel options I have for my e36 325, the stock fly wheel is very heavy so looking for lighter options.

Can I have mine machined to make it lighter, and if so at Wat cost.

Or is there any direct replacements from other bmws such as the m20?

#6 ·
Just to add to this, I've used m20 single mass flywheel, clutch and starter on my m50 conversion.... I didn't have it lightened as its more fast road use than track, I had to grind parts of the sump away and I fitted smaller bolts in it.

On the release bearing side of it I used an e30 item and e30 clutch slave and no clutch problems to report here guys. All is good :cool

Ant :cool

#7 ·
Any noticeable gains, mate? Rev and throttle response wise I mean.

#8 ·
The m50 engine responds very well to the m20 flywheel even in un lightened state imo, my uncle has an e36 325i and mine certainly picks up faster than his!
Very responsive and yet at the same time not jerky at all so far as I've discovered so far since driving mine around for a week now.

A worth while mod for the m50 lump mate imo, if you wanted to go further you could have it lightened, about 5.9kgs is the limit but in my honest opinion unless its a track car there aint no point! Mines a stock m20 item and my engine seems to love it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.