BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 318 - Dashboard light help!!

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  rovert 
#1 ·
Hi iv'e been having a problem on my BMW 318i, i purshased it a few weeks ago now and since then iv'e had a light pop up on my dashboard telling me that i have a problem with my drivers side rear light. When i look tho there doesn't seem the be any lights out.

I have noticed tho that one of the fog lights seems to be alot brighter than the other on the right.

Anyway i took the car back to the garage i bought it from and they gave me the car back and said they had sorted it, but when i looked at the rear lights the right fog was still brighter than the other. So i did a Dashboard test i i have a strong feeling they may have just disabled the LED on the Dashboard to make me think they have sorted it.

I was wondering can they do this becuse whan i got the car back the steering wheel had been moved a fair bit.

Can anyone tell me how to get the LED's back working and are the wires that control the dash LED's located under the steering wheel?

Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have done that and neither the car symbol or the buld on the dash now come up, it's asif they've some how disabled them. I know when i got the car and turened the engine on the symbol of the car on the dash came up, since ive took it in niether of them light up.

#6 ·
No the red door symbols appear, but the orange car symbol has not appeard since they gave me the car back. When i ran the dashboard test all the dashboard light lit up apart from the orange car and the rear red light symbols that i took the car in about, because one of them wouldnt go off. Now it wont come on?

#8 ·
I think so.. i havent checked that. All i know is that i took the car in to the garage because a red light on the dashboard pointing to the rear drives side would not go off.

So i took the car back and they said they would sort the problem, when i went to pick the car up the red red on the dash had gone but the orange car wouldnt appear. So i did a dashboard test and neither the orange car symbol or the two rear red light symbols now light up.

So atm i'm not sure if they have done somthing to the LED's to stop them lighting up, making me think that they have sorted the problem that i took the car in for.

#9 ·
I've had a promlem with mine too... I have a 51 plate e46 bmw 320d

My Dash shows that there is a problem in the rear drivers side cluster... but when i switch the lights on, it goes of after about 20 seconds... and then is fine...

All bulbs are fine, i've swapped them around, there are no broken ones... I'm confused.com...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.