BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

New but old 330 Sport owner in Worcester Park, Surrey saying yo!

427 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  EvilUnderTone 
#1 ·
Howdy!

I thought i should say hi as it would be rude not too. Owned a few bm's over the years. 1976 520 being my first, was a heap but it was a BM and i was 17 :) Also had a 635csi Alpina and various 1980's e30's. Last time i counted (about 15 years ago) i'd owned over 100 cars of various makes but always had a hot spot for a good bm. Anyhoodles after my Alfa 156 let me down yet again i flogged the little blighter and brought a low mileage 2002 e46 330 Sport coupe with mtech stuff and a flappy paddle smg box. Boy is that taking some getting use to! Clarkson was right! Hill starts are a mystery too me right now. Was a mechanic & bodywork guy for a posh british car maker for a few years. Now i restore & sell old english fusee clocks for a living and muck about with cars & motorbikes for fun. Sorry cant stand bmw bikes! Thats enough about me, just wanted to say hi.

Tally ho,

Tone

#2 ·
Well ,there must have been something in the water this weekend in Worcester Park, because I found myself buying a 2004 330 sport on Sunday. This is my first BM in about 20 years, pretty much had everything in between since the last one, and really enjoyed the drive home, unlike the car I bought 2 weeks ago which broke down on the M40, but that’s another story. Will watch out for you in wp

#3 ·
Cool what colours your 330? Mine will be more recognizable soon as I am considering having the wheels powder coated black. There's a good company on the wandle trading estate called Jura Spray limited (020 8648 4820) who do powder coating cheap. Their silver is a bit dark but black is ok just in case you need the wheels refurbed. I do bodywork painting if you need any chips sorted out. It works out at £60 per panel. Ex Rolls Royce painter so good job. I'm now a antique clock restorer but still do the occasional paint job at a little over cost.

Cheers,

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.