BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

BMW e90 CCC voice control & programable buttons activation

10K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  makkan00 
#1 ·
Hi, my old CCC unit packed up so I ended up buying another newer unit with 8 programable buttons. (old unit was with 2 slots without buttons) when I plug in all worked except voice input. I went to independand garage and they told me they have to change vin on the CCC in order to activate voice input so they change it. After they had changed the vin the 8 programable buttons stop working. They try to reprogram the CCC But did not manage to get buttons work or voice input. I was told unit does not accept codes if that might be the case. Does anyone know any garage or person in London or Kent area that able to activate it so it works properly. Thank you.

#2 ·
It worked straight off as wasn't yet programmed, now its been programmed to your car its knocks off what your car doent have. personally i dont think you'll get either working, if it req's activation codes to work they come from bmw themselves and ordered to chassis. replacing ccc with cic there 2 different unit.

#9 ·
Only later cic had hdd but what the problem is CCC is the master control unit on MOST bus (commander) for telephone, dvd, cd changer, tv and so on. With CIC is a slave unit and commander on MOST bus is whats called KGM. The 2 are totally different and personally don't think it will work. Can't turn slave unit into a commander!!

#13 ·
Sorry its old thread and I came across it via google.

I guess OP, you need to establish if you have CCC or CIC.

In both case, they can be retrofitted.

There are people in London and around Kent who can do it.
I live b.w london and kent.

If you search 'E90 coders in UK' on google then you'll get a list of coders.

HTH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.