Two odd INPA queries - ignition "blob" turns white rather than black, and how do you read ALL fault codes?

Notices

Thread: Two odd INPA queries - ignition "blob" turns white rather than black, and how do you read ALL fault codes?

Reply to Thread
  1. Two odd INPA queries - ignition "blob" turns white rather than black, and how do you read ALL fault codes? 
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    rogerzilla's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320d SE Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    As title really. INPA works OK, at last; I can read fault codes for various modules, it shows the real-time brake and clutch switches yadda yadda.

However, the "ignition" circle is black when connected and turns white when the ignition is switched on, the opposite to the expected behaviour. Is there any reason for this?

Also, how do you get it to dump all faults in the memory? I saw this done by my friend (who works for BMW) but I can't find the option. In particular he found some alarm faults last month, which we cleared, and I'd like to see if they ever reappeared. I can't see the alarm module in the menu although the immobiliser module has no faults stored. This is a fairly minor thing since I rarely lock the car at night - it lives in the garage

There was only one fault I found by going through the various modules; the duff PDC sensor, but that is now replaced so I cleared it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,990 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Don't worry about the ignition thing, that happens a lot on USB leads without problems.

To check everything, you might need an earlier version of INPA which has a quick test feature.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    joylove's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    cabrio

Thanks
    The alarm is built into the central body electronics (ZKE). Have a look in there.