Progman v32 and OPS interface...

Notices

Thread: Progman v32 and OPS interface...

Reply to Thread
  1. Progman v32 and OPS interface... 
    Premium Member
    Car Details
    Chooch84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E87 120d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Images
    Thanks
    Hi,

I've been messing about with progman, I've managed to get it work with my old E46 VIA the OBD port and the recommened cable for the job, but I can't get it to work with my E87, and my friend can't get it to work with his E90. We both are getting a message coming up saying that we need to use a OPPS interface, whats the deal with that?!?! Do I have to get hold of another cable? or is it a setting/version that needs changing/updating?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Chooch84; 05-06-2012 at 14:31.
    Done: M Sport Kit, Angel Eyes, Tinted Rear LED Lamps, Remap, Exhaust, 130i front discs and calipers, VMR VB3 alloys, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Thermostat, Aux water pump, Rear View mirror replaced
    On the to do list: iPod Integration, ICE, replace passenger side door mirror, change passenger seat heating element ... Maybe sell the car

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

FAL
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    FAL's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    R53
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooch84 View Post
    I've managed to get it work with my old E46 VIA the OBD port and the recommened cable for the job, but I can't get it to work with my E87, and my friend can't get it to work with his E90. We both are getting a message coming up saying that we need to use a OPPS interface, whats the deal with that?!?! Do I have to get hold of another cable? or is it a setting/version that needs changing/updating?
    I guess you're running Progman in VMware Workstation? Your Progman is set to emulate the yellow Siemens DK interface. If you do a Google search for "Progman Chanages", you should find an ISO disc image, that will allow you to emulate the Actia OPS/OPPS interface.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FAL For This Useful Post:

Chooch84 (06-06-2012)

Premium Member
    Car Details
    Chooch84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E87 120d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Images
    Thanks
    ahh ha! brilliant! Thank you for the reply and yes I have Progman running through VM workstation.

Done: M Sport Kit, Angel Eyes, Tinted Rear LED Lamps, Remap, Exhaust, 130i front discs and calipers, VMR VB3 alloys, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Thermostat, Aux water pump, Rear View mirror replaced
    On the to do list: iPod Integration, ICE, replace passenger side door mirror, change passenger seat heating element ... Maybe sell the car

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    Car Details
    Chooch84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E87 120d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Images
    Thanks
    How would I go about using the file with my Progman VM? The progman VM machine that I have was already setup, and came on a CD with a cable I brought from an online auction site.

I have already downloaded the self-install version which is mentioned on other sites. Will I have to use this version of Progman, rather then the pre-built Virtual Machine acquired from the CD?
    Last edited by Chooch84; 06-06-2012 at 22:54.

FAL
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    FAL's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    R53
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    Will I have to use this version of Progman, rather then the pre-built Virtual Machine acquired from the CD?
    Nope, any VMware version of Progman will do. IIRC, mount the ISO image in VMwares CD/DVD drive and run the sss_stage1 Windows Command Script, then reboot the VM machine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FAL For This Useful Post:

Chooch84 (07-06-2012)

Premium Member
    Car Details
    Chooch84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E87 120d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Images
    Thanks
    Right I've downloaded another progman vm, which allowed me to choose the interface (built in) and use the cd drive and command line interface within xpe. However this vm doesn't allow me to select a model after I load up the interface.

Is the progman instance you all use the "base" file which can be acquired from some sites!?!

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Bmw techy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    problem you may have is the 1 series and E90 have D-Can, the E46 doesnt. If you look on ebay D-Can leads are sold for a few quid more.
    Mr BMW Tech

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmw techy For This Useful Post:

Chooch84 (11-06-2012)

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmw techy View Post
    problem you may have is the 1 series and E90 have D-Can, the E46 doesnt. If you look on ebay D-Can leads are sold for a few quid more.
    Early E8x and E9x don't have D-Can. They still use K-line. Chooch, you can try and change the IP of the virtual OPS to see if that works otherwise you may need to alter the EDIBAS.ini file which worked for me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

Chooch84 (11-06-2012)

Premium Member
    Car Details
    Chooch84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E87 120d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Images
    Thanks
    Cheers!, I'll keep the post updated on my progress! I'll have a look at the D-can cable too, just so I can add it to my collection of cables. I think I might need to label them one of these days

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Cheers!, I'll keep the post updated on my progress! I'll have a look at the D-can cable too, just so I can add it to my collection of cables. I think I might need to label them one of these days
    You don't need a D-Can cable because you don't have that. Stick to what you got.