BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Obd Issues.

Tags
obd
7K views 56 replies 5 participants last post by  PromETHieus 
#1 ·
I bought myself an obd connector, it connects to another adapter to usb, have finally got around to trying to hook it up to my car, had spent 2 days getting the vmware and other software included installed, but when I connect to car it cant find it, i have set all the port configuration settings, but yet, still nothing.
I assume that the OBD connector is the one under the bonnet, mine is the 323i touring 1999 built , May 1999.
Really need some help on this please as I am trying to get the airbag light reset, the last guy that had the car, changed the steering wheel.
the abs light is also on as the abs/wheel speed sensor was broken, when taking the Seized calliper off the other day, I bought a new one and installed it, but the light is still on, I did the key position and 1 min trick, to see if it would reset, no joy, am waiting on discs and pads to be delivered, I will be putting on new callipers on both fronts. As soon as I can stump up the money for them.
Anyone live in my area, that would be able to shed some light on the OBD side of things. I live in the Forest of Dean, would be very grateful for any help possible.

#56 ·
Well, I have just finished installing the front calipers, new discs and pads, got a set of pads and discs from Mintex, drilled and grooved, very nice indeed.
Hooked the car up to pc today and after bleeding the brakes, took a look through everything and all seems fine, took car up and down road just to test brakes and they are fine, the 2 lights I still had on the dash have now gone out too, so that leaves all clear on the dash warning light side of things. Have the rear brakes to check out next, and replace anything that needs done, oil change components all here too, may do the plugs while I'm there too.
Thanks for all the help that everyone has pitched in to give me, FAL, TheEnd thank you thank you Thank You. Without you guys I would not have had this sorted.
Great Forums here and a friendly community too, if anyone needs an Airbag reset, or out else, just give me a shout, I live in the forest of dean and will help where I can...

#57 ·
My car passed its MOT today with flying colours, only had a headlight bulb to replace .......Feels great to be on the road.
had spent

£109.00 on mintex discs and pads
£7.00 for oil filter
£80.00 for 2 refurbished Front callipers
£15.00 for front wheel speed sensor
£10.00 for front break wear sensor
£25.00 for 5w40 Oil
£4.00 for a headlight bulb
£40.00 for 2 part worn tyres for front....they are brand new really still have the beads on them.

Thank feck for INPA software and the people on here who are on the know....

If I can help anyone in my area reset an airbag light or similar, let me know.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.