BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Obd Issues.

Tags
obd
7K views 56 replies 5 participants last post by  PromETHieus 
#1 ·
I bought myself an obd connector, it connects to another adapter to usb, have finally got around to trying to hook it up to my car, had spent 2 days getting the vmware and other software included installed, but when I connect to car it cant find it, i have set all the port configuration settings, but yet, still nothing.
I assume that the OBD connector is the one under the bonnet, mine is the 323i touring 1999 built , May 1999.
Really need some help on this please as I am trying to get the airbag light reset, the last guy that had the car, changed the steering wheel.
the abs light is also on as the abs/wheel speed sensor was broken, when taking the Seized calliper off the other day, I bought a new one and installed it, but the light is still on, I did the key position and 1 min trick, to see if it would reset, no joy, am waiting on discs and pads to be delivered, I will be putting on new callipers on both fronts. As soon as I can stump up the money for them.
Anyone live in my area, that would be able to shed some light on the OBD side of things. I live in the Forest of Dean, would be very grateful for any help possible.

#29 ·
F12 = R50
F12_Text = Mini R50
F12_ARCHIV = SGBD_R50

F13 = E90
F13_ARCHIV = SGBD_E90

F15 = RR1
F15_Text = Rolls Royce RR1
F15_ARCHIV = SGBD_RR1

F19 = BMW_ALT
F19_KNOPF = Old
F19_TEXT = Old modells
F19_ARCHIV = SGBD_BMW

Did you notice this in the inpa file, I dony have those keys.........lol

#32 ·
seems that there are alot of Directory locations that are all messed up and this is the failing point of the install, everything seems to be going to different locations and even some of the amendments are still halting the install. I will keep slogging through, this has to work, or I dont get my car back on the road...simples ...lol

#34 ·
Cant be corrupted cause i joined 4 shared, and those files that were on that site from the link are now all on my account there, so it was an internal move, moved by hosted server, so file check would have completed correctly.
I also have a Progy that I use to confirm all completed files and no corruption there.

Just starting the install over again now, it's a bummer getting the bimmer stuff working, lol but it's worth it in the end....I hope.

#37 ·
Hi FAL I am just finishing installing win7 64 bit Ultimate on other pc, getting other programs installed, then will ghost HDD to save having to reinstall again, if another attempt fails, this will save me alot of time and frustration, have you heard of teamspeak 3, if you are able to help me, we could communicate via teamspeak3, i will give you the login details for my gaming clan teamspeak and we can go over things via it, it is good and clear communication. server address there is voice.dfbgaming.com. Just choose a username, dont need a password, I am admin there, so I can give you any permissions you need, when you get in there. I appreciate any help you may be able to give, many thanks.

#38 ·
Hello. I'm not familiar with Teamspeak, so if you've got TeamViewer i can use that - it's a 5 minute job for me to set-up the interface and INPA with it, and it allows me to transfer in any new files that you might need. Then you can set-up your VMware Workstation DIS and Progman. :thumbsup

#41 ·
FAL mate you are a frigging INPA God, thankyou for all your time spent today, installing the software, as you know I have sorted the airbag light, I still have a few issues to sort out, but so far so good.Many thanks also to TheEnd, all your help was fantastic too. Great bunch of minds on here.

#42 ·
At the moment I am just setting up a phone line in the garage, have just wired from house to garage, which is approximately 180 feet, just looking for a router, I know theres a spare round here somewhere, then I will be able to get Teamviewer working on pc in garage. What a long stretch of wiring to do, got told off by neighbour for going into their garden to stand on my wall to wire down the back of the fence that runs along the garden.....lol.

#44 ·
I have now managed to get the check engine light sorted out and it is no longer an issue,,,for the time being at least, all I have left to sort out, is my ABS/ASC light, the INPA is not reading anything and says cannot connect to device, I am hoping this can be sorted out as it may just be a case of the INPA software needing tweaked, or that it may not be the right script or data that it is reading from. Since I now have internet in the garage, I can now have Teamviewer running to try to get help on this....
Does progman or dis read the abs/asc details, or do I need a different connector for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.