My DIS Error Codes Before And After Reset. What Next? - Page 2

Notices

Thread: My DIS Error Codes Before And After Reset. What Next?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    stevenstead's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Thanks again edber. I have followed what you said and with the aid of google have done:

Cleaned MAP sensor. Wasn't too badly oiled but cleaned all the same.
    Cleaned turbo vacuum valve filter membrane. Was rather sooty but left it soaking in carb cleaner and refitted.
    No need to clean EGR vacuum valve filter membrane, EGR is blanked.

I took out the EGR stat when cold to try blow throw it and there was a little resistance (just about breathe through it).

I have a feeling I have a faulty MAF because apart from the unplug test (car runs like crap with MAF unplugged) all the symptoms seem to match. I checked to make sure it hadn't been replaced with a new one and thus the DDE needed coding/updating but there is no mesh in there so that's a relief (I have DDE3.0 according to DIS). I then went to check it's live data to compare it to throttle whilst driving and here's where I'm stuck again :(

Using the most up to date software I can find (DIS v57, Ediabas 6.4.7, INPA5.0.2), I cannot get any 'live' data. What I want are those graphs I have seen in INPA. The problem is that this INPA only has DDE5.0. Mine is DDE3.0 and so when I try to look at engine it throws an error.

Sooo, I tried to install INPA3.0.1 on another laptop (XP this time) but I don't think it works with my USB OBD cable (BMW OBD Diagnostics Cable Code reader Ediabas Inpa DIS | eBay). Error after error but stuck on this now...

ApiInit: Error #129
    API-0009: EDIABAS NOT FOUND
    API initialisation error. No API calls possible.

As you can see, I'm trying my pants off trying to get to the bottom of this but it's brick wall after brick wall. I may just have to bite the bullet and try a new MAF.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    stevenstead's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Okay, it seems I may already have a new MAF which is either faulty or the ECU hasn't been coded to accept it. Is there any way of checking if it's been coded, I'm loathed to give BMW £90 to tell me it has.

Here's the problem...

The MAF housing has part number 0 928 400 527 (which is the newer one) and according to this site my car will need the ECU updating if it's fitted. The old MAF is no longer available so I can't revert back to an old part.

0 928 400 527 or 0 928 400 314

I can't get DIS to work in Programming mode (function is greyed out). I'm told they updated it and moved that function to SSS/Progman. INPA doesn't recognise my engine as that's been updated. Earlier versions of INPA won't install/work with my cable.

ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anybody guide me on how to check/update my ECU to accept this new MAF I seem to have? Maybe using SSS/Progman?

Cheers

Steve.
    Last edited by stevenstead; 18-06-2012 at 17:12.

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    I got my inpa from bmwcables.com and everything worked fine,but when i too want to see live data all i get is screens in german,it seems us guys with dde 3.0 are out of luck using inpa.I need to check one of my injectors to see is it coded properly.I think progman will code the maf ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12