330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Hi all,

Apologies in advance if I'm asking an age-old question but most of the searches I've done (hundreds!) seem to return very little in the way of a definitive answer so I'd like a few pointers if anyone has the time...

I've got INPA working no problem at all (can clear fault codes etc etc etc) after a little bit of fettling on Windows 7 64Bit... but even though DIS and SSS are installed as per the (very detailed) install instructions and having checked, rechecked and checked again the finer points of the install, I simply cannot get DIS or SSS to connect to the car even though the diagnostic head is detected etc... e.g. SSS just gives 'initialisation unsuccessful' msg that I'm sure you're all familair with by now!

Are there any known issues or a really obvious solution to this that I'm mising??? It's driving me nuts now, not least of all because I'm so close to getting everything working

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by vaultertim; 16-09-2011 at 01:13. Reason: Omitted letter in description

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    SlowTech's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,799 Times in 3,107 Posts
    There's a forum member who has the sw working on his win64 bit os, see post #16 ...http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...619/page2.html

if you're successful could you please post up how you managed to connect and read data from the car?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    vaultertim's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    Thanks for the info

IF I manage to get it working then I will of course post details ... so far I have followed all the install instructions to the L E T T E R and found that upgrading to INPA 5 and EDIABAS 6.47 resolved the issues I was having with that. The rest however (DIS & SSS) still do not work... even though most of the posts I have read to date suggest that if INPA works, the rest will too... well not in my case!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    vaultertim's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

Thanks
    OK, all sorted

Not in Win 7 though

What I've done is installed Win XP as a dual boot partition and run everything from there... took a bit of tinkering to get it all working but that was largely my fault for not checking the size of the partition I'd created before installing everything, i.e. it wasn't big enough to accept all the info!

But now that it's all installed on the new XP partition it works fine, I've just managed to connect up through SSS and changed a few things I wanted from the start, locking on drive off etc. but still not tested as yet. Although I did try testing the Seat Memory function that I selected by leaving the seat all the way back and then locking the car... but when I unlocked it, the seat didn't move back to where it was supposed to. Hmmm Will try the locking on drive off later to see if that part worked.

Still unsure what exactly DIS is meant to do (same as INPA, no?) after a quick poke about but oh well... I did notice that there's a Coding option in there on the home screen but it's greyed out?

Does anyone know if window and roof control is possible from the key (without inserting into lock) and if so, how I code the CKM to allow it?
    Also, is it possible to activate the TV for passengers while the car is moving and again... if so, how?

Cheers