BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

INPA - Installed but not seeing/talking to the car

76K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  BigBlackBimmer 
#1 · (Edited)
INPA - Installed but not seeing/talking to the car - Fixed

Brought a BMW scanner Ediabas/INPA from the bay similar to this . Got it all connected to my E39 525D (2001) and then selected the old car version (Shift + F9) then DDE 4.0.

The response I get is IFH-0009: No response from controlunit. Program will be stopped. When you then click OK a screen window appears and has the following displayed
EDIABAS Error
ApiCheckJobStatus :Error #95
SYS-0005 :Object file not found
API job error or no such results.
Continue script processing?
Yes / No

I am using an IBM T20 Laptop and connecting via the serial port. Running XP Pro.

Following the given instructions with the CD but jsut wndering if there is anything silly I migt have done wrong?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
The SYS-0005 error means that it can't find the correct SGBD file for your DDE (a description file specific to your type of ECU). Look in C:\Ediabas\Bin and find a file called Ediabas.ini - Open it with Notepad and look for [ECUPath]. It should be set to C:\Ediabas\ECU. If that doesn't work, open C:\Ediabas\ECU and look for a file called D40M57A1.prg and a file called D_0012.grp

Reactions: Andyiow
#4 ·
A quick question though will it be called Ediabas.ini or will the .ini file be called something else as I have noticed that most of the .xxx at the end of the file names are dropped off.
It may give it the file extenstion Configuration Settings, but it depends on what version of Windows you are running. You can still open it with Notepad though, so no problems.

#8 ·
hello,
i have a similar problem, on my e39 m57 when i have ignition on, i can´t read dde 4.0 with this error
ApiCheckJobStatus :Error #95
SYS-0005 :Object file not found
API job error or no such results.
Continue script processing?
Yes / No ,
but when motor run, i can read dde 4.0
have someone any idea?
thanks

sorry for a grammar

#6 ·
I have a similar problem (?) after looking through my car with INPA the other evening, I went to start the car the next morning and nothing. It sounded like the car was turning over but no attempted bite. This has me worried now that I might have done something without realising it and now my pc won't start INPA again.
Have had to try to reinstall it but all I get is an error message.

IFH-0012
Group file; D_motor,D_0012.

Anyone please

#7 ·
IFH-0012 is buffer overflow.

Go to C:\EDIABAS\Ecu, and locate D_0012.GRP and D_MOTOR.GRP and rename them to whatever.GRPXXX, this will stop them being used, and you can always remove the xxx bit and restore them if needed.

Place these two files in there instead (attached) and see if there was a problem with those files.

It's unlikely you've done any damage, just flattened the battery as having an E39 key on/engine off draws a fair bit of juice.

Attachments

#9 ·
I had the same issue. I was using the OBDII to USB serial cable. The issue was resolved by doing the following.
Locate the OBD.ini file and change the COM port number (for the usb setting from 1 to the one your using). The COM port number can be found by going Device Manager and then looking under the COM Ports tab. You can also copy the OBD.ini file to the C:\Windows folder.

Hope this helps :)

#16 ·
Inpa Not Connecting

Hey Guys, I could also use a little bit of help, trying to connect to the 745li with INPA, I'm having a No Start issue! The R N D lights are flashing & also has a transmission faults drive moderately, on the screen.

I just tried to install INPA, and the error message I keep getting is this,

Group File: D_EGS.
SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND
Program Will be stopped!

Any help with this problem would be appreciated!! Thanks

#18 ·
e 93 inpa sys 0005 error object not found

I have read all the forums on here, or most at least, and can not figure out why I can use inpa for engine issues but nothing else part of the modules are in German and the other half are English. I have tried installing inpa from two different people despite following directions explicitly I am getting a d_kombi file not found error sys00005.

#19 ·
Hi Guys,
I know this is an old thread. I am having a simlilar issue and wanted to find out if there is a solution to it.
I have bought a cable which came with a CD, struggled to get it to work but finally Its loading up INPA. I have an error pop up when connecting to transmission. Group file : D_EGS. SYS-0005: Object file not found as shown in the pop up below.

Rectangle Triangle Font Parallel Screenshot

Its a E92, 2007 320D with a GA6HP19Z transmission. I am trying to read the transmission oil temps only.

#20 ·
Guh, I am ready to kick a puppy. I am getting the exact same error as above. Group file: D_EGS. SYS-005: object file not found. Going to say its a communication error as far as I can figure and I have gone through everything as best I can and I see nothing wrong. I am not a super techy guy, I am more of a blunt instrument type. I dug around as best I could and went through every check I can find...anyone have an idea how to fix the above?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.