Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    hi all hope some bright spark out there may be able to help me ive just instaled the software from bmwcable for dis inpa eddibas sss eta for the third time it says it can work fine on window 7 32bit but not for me it dose not. i have bought there bmw persific obd11 cable with usb connector. i still cant get dis to work when i go to connect to my car i get communication between operating unit and diag head is impaired error num 200.159 .
    i have IFHSRV32 runing and diag head running and when i test connection on dis it says conection is all ok and INPA works ok and im using com port 1 at 1ms .
    any help would be much apprecated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gav2504's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertable
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sp cars bmw View Post
    hi all hope some bright spark out there may be able to help me ive just instaled the software from bmwcable for dis inpa eddibas sss eta for the third time it says it can work fine on window 7 32bit but not for me it dose not. i have bought there bmw persific obd11 cable with usb connector. i still cant get dis to work when i go to connect to my car i get communication between operating unit and diag head is impaired error num 200.159 .
    i have IFHSRV32 runing and diag head running and when i test connection on dis it says conection is all ok and INPA works ok and im using com port 1 at 1ms .
    any help would be much apprecated.
    I've got this exact same problem and i've had only one reply trying to help. Car forums arn't what they used to be.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Qwazas's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Check out whether IP address in OBD.INI file is correct.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    M3AN's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 M3 3.2
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    6 Speed
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I realise this is a super old thread but I wanted to add my experience because I also had error 200.159 and could find no information to solve it. But solve it I did.

200.159 is a communications error but more specifically it's a network communication error. It's not a signal or cable error, it means (as far as I can tell) that DIS can't communicate with the network interface on the computer.

Have a look at Device Manager in Windows and make sure there are no problems with the "VMWare Virtual Ethernet Adaptor" under "Network adaptors". If "VMnet 1" is disabled, doesn't exist or has errors you'll get 200.159.

Make sure that the virtual adaptor (should be VMnet1) in Device Manager is the same adaptor set up for your virtual machine in VMWare (under virtual machine config). These need to be the same and it should be set to "Host Only" or "Custom" with the "Host Only" option selected under that - just compare it to the install instructions you followed.

Making sure this was all healthy fixed the 200.159 error for me.

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M3AN View Post
    I realise this is a super old thread but I wanted to add my experience because I also had error 200.159 and could find no information to solve it. But solve it I did.

200.159 is a communications error but more specifically it's a network communication error. It's not a signal or cable error, it means (as far as I can tell) that DIS can't communicate with the network interface on the computer.

Have a look at Device Manager in Windows and make sure there are no problems with the "VMWare Virtual Ethernet Adaptor" under "Network adaptors". If "VMnet 1" is disabled, doesn't exist or has errors you'll get 200.159.

Make sure that the virtual adaptor (should be VMnet1) in Device Manager is the same adaptor set up for your virtual machine in VMWare (under virtual machine config). These need to be the same and it should be set to "Host Only" or "Custom" with the "Host Only" option selected under that - just compare it to the install instructions you followed.

Making sure this was all healthy fixed the 200.159 error for me.
    Thank you for posting your findings,no matter how old the original post is.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xando's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    Hi M3AN,

I just read your post and is worth to ask you if you could help on my problem.

As many people I can't get my DIS working. INPA works fine, I'm able to read and clear codes without any issues. When I try to launch DIS there is no free Diagnostic head.
    It is one of these easy installing DIS from BMcables so when launch menu appear I just click on DIS/GT1 and it automatically starts DIS and IFH-Service.

Windows Defender is off as well as Firewall no any other antivirus is install.

If you have any idea what could cause this it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    M3AN's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 M3 3.2
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    6 Speed
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xando View Post
    Hi M3AN,

I just read your post and is worth to ask you if you could help on my problem.

As many people I can't get my DIS working. INPA works fine, I'm able to read and clear codes without any issues. When I try to launch DIS there is no free Diagnostic head.
    It is one of these easy installing DIS from BMcables so when launch menu appear I just click on DIS/GT1 and it automatically starts DIS and IFH-Service.

Windows Defender is off as well as Firewall no any other antivirus is install.

If you have any idea what could cause this it would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi there and sorry for the delay... although not so bad perhaps in the context of the thread!

To be honest I'm no expert, I've just fumbled through this setup as I've encountered the various challenges. And I've never tried an "out-of-the-box" solution.

I'm using the (more difficult) ADS interface as opposed to the OBD one, which are you trying with? There's a slim chance I can help but I'm willing to try...

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    whitey325tds's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 tds touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    I am having similar problems with the 200.159 error code. The cable/cd set came from bcables and when I launch the programme clicking the INPA button does nothing. I click on the dis button it launched but gives that error. I can see nothing about diaghead or ifh service anywhere what are these?