318d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Good Morning Gents

What follows is a tale of woe but ultimately success. Came out to my car four weeks ago, press start, brake light in amber on, steering fault on, no cruise, no self cancel on indicator, no remotes on steering wheel, windscreen wiper only works on intermittent and can't be stopped! Oh and the TPS won't reset.

Now two years ago I bought a cable from Ebay, comes with free software. Load up Inpa, connect to the car, Dsc info, Dsc cannot see any switch actions but it works itself. Best guess is the cluster on the steering wheel has packed up (after many hours of trawling the web).

Used cluster found on ebay and fitted, this in itself took seven hours, all of which involved removing the airbag. Trust me, when you work it out, it takes about two minutes.

Hurrah! everything works except I still have a dsc fault. Inpa shows SZL coding error 5E3F. Can't clear the memory, hard fault.

Ok, back to the web, everyone uses NCS Expert, I have a 64 bit machine, won't run. Winkfp, can't import assembly line data, and in trying to I trash Inpa, Progman and Dis. See my other thread with the trouble I had to get that lot to work!

Ok, uninstall and reinstall Dis and Progman. Progman says I need to reprogram 10 modules and recode the dsc, no chance, I think that's because my car was built after my software came out.

Ah, Tool 32, can this help me? Very little info on the web. Let's have a play. Inpa UIF function shows the dsc has my vin. Tool32 shows the same. SZL_ lessen, no vin details. Omg can it really be this simple. cd_szl_schrieben , yes it can, lights out, test drive, no problems, back to Inpa, fault memory cleared. Tps reset. Hopefully something in this may be of use to someone else.

Regards

Wooruf

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. same exact szl issue 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    luxe91's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e91
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi Wooruf,

This is an old thread now, but I'm hoping you are subscribed to it and see this.

I have the same exact issue on a 2006 e91, and after many months of trying to nail down the issue, found your post. While DSC errors are common, your is the only post with the exact same issue and the wipers staying on (I believe this is emergency operating mode due to szl failure as described in BMW tech manuals).

I'm at the point now where I have installed a new SZL but having issues getting the coding complete. I have the help of a remote coder but we are getting "no response from module" errors.

Would be great if I could confirm with you the Tool32 jobs you ran and how you did it.

1) Did you code via DSC87 or via SZL. I see one of the jobs you ran "cod_schrieben_szl" under DSC87?

2) I cannot locate a job called "SZL_lessen"....could it be "_cod_lessen" under DSC87?

3) What parameter did you pass into "cod_schrieben_szl"?

I've attached a screen shot of the related jobs I see.

Sure hope you see this and would appreciate a reply. It would help me greatly and maybe others who run into this.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Woodruf's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Hi Luxe

Apologies for the late response, it's been sometime since I did this. My laptop has crashed in the mean time so I will need to reload the software before I can answer you.

Unfortunately your screenshot is too small to read.

Will get back to you shortly.

Regards

Woodruf

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Woodruf's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    Hi Luxe

I have been to my car this morning and I cannot see the codes I used all those months ago. I can see the codes you refer to. This is all under DSC87.

The best advice I can give you is to try cod_schrieben_szl and see what happens. When I did it I simply entered the job and I assumed that the DSC wrote my VIN to the cluster.

Good luck, as I found at the time a lot of this is trial and error!

Woodruf

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    luxe91's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e91
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Thanks very much Woodruf. I'll give it a try and will plan to post back updates. Anyway, I'm attaching a larger size screenshot for reference.

Attached Images

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Tritan84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    F10 535i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Sedan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luxe91 View Post
    Thanks very much Woodruf. I'll give it a try and will plan to post back updates. Anyway, I'm attaching a larger size screenshot for reference.

Having a similar issue with my F10. Did you ever figure this out? Please share

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    luxe91's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e91
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Hi. The short version is that I am still having the issue but two other people who got it touch with me were able to resolve the same issue by replacing the DSC lateral acceleration sensor under the drivers seat. In both their cases there was some water damage/corrosion on the plug that was impacting the F-CAN network communications. I'm not familiar with an F10 but this would be a good place to start. I've done a lot of diagnostics on the wiring (continuity, voltage checks), replaced the SZL, JBE and DSC sensor without any change in the errors in INPA. The main issue for me is that the F-CAN network which connects these components to the DSC module is down so it is hard to diagnose the actual problem if in fact there is even one. There are very few cases out there of people having D370,D371,D372D373 communication faults.

More information on another thread I have is here: Windshield wipers always ON! DSC, JBBE Errors

What error codes do you get in INPA?

Feel free to PM with your email and I can share the diagnostics information that I've gathered.