David Wragg holdings software issue?

Notices

Thread: David Wragg holdings software issue?

Reply to Thread
  1. David Wragg holdings software issue? 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    btedder's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    x5 3.0d sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate

Thanks
    i have recently purchased software from david wragg holdings on ebay so far all the software has loaded on to my laptop pretty easy with no troubles. But i have now become stuck at a point i have emailed the guy for technical support but thought i would chuck a post on here to see if anyone else has had my problem. I have been following all insturctions from a pdf file all have been perfect up until now I have gone in to configuring ip adress to 192.168.68.0 and then subnet to 255.255.255.0 this part is fine then i go into dchp and enter the start ip to 192.168.68.1 and end ip adress to 192.168.68.254 then go to click ok and get the following message "start ip address is invalid. It must be greater than subnet ip address" are these numbers correct? does anyone know how to rectify this? Any help would be much apprecitated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    Car Details
    Chooch84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E87 120d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    Images
    Thanks
    you're IP address cannot be 192.168.68.0 as "0" is a "broadcast" number... it must be between the value of 1 and 254 hope that helps!
    Done: M Sport Kit, Angel Eyes, Tinted Rear LED Lamps, Remap, Exhaust, 130i front discs and calipers, VMR VB3 alloys, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Thermostat, Aux water pump
    On the to do list: iPod Integration, ICE, replace passenger side door mirror, change passenger seat heating element

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    SlowTech's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,793 Times in 3,103 Posts
    Have you edited the C/EDIABAS/Bin/Ediabas.ini file to read - DIAGHEAD, 192.168.68.30 & 6801 as per image below...

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    slklite's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d M-Paket
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hello mate, I have had this problem ...

You have to apply the when you change the IP adress the first time, then go to DHCP and configure it

Hope this helps ...

Could you please let me know if you managed to make it work, cause on my laptop, the diagnostic head wouldn't come up in DIS V57 ...

Cheers.

6. David Wragg Holdings! 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    e92stuart's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    6 Speed Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btedder View Post
    i have recently purchased software from david wragg holdings on ebay so far all the software has loaded on to my laptop pretty easy with no troubles. But i have now become stuck at a point i have emailed the guy for technical support but thought i would chuck a post on here to see if anyone else has had my problem. I have been following all insturctions from a pdf file all have been perfect up until now I have gone in to configuring ip adress to 192.168.68.0 and then subnet to 255.255.255.0 this part is fine then i go into dchp and enter the start ip to 192.168.68.1 and end ip adress to 192.168.68.254 then go to click ok and get the following message "start ip address is invalid. It must be greater than subnet ip address" are these numbers correct? does anyone know how to rectify this? Any help would be much apprecitated.
    I have had a similar experiance, i paid for the software, then it wouldnt communicate with the car, i asked for Technical Support & paid 30.00 MORE, this didnt work, so he asked for MORE money which i reluctently paid, You guessed it, Still not working and hes ignoring all emails and his phone number does not work!
    Gutted, i needed to program a new set of Clocks / Binnacle.
    Dont trust the Man!
    Stuart

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    mikeaj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    I had the same problems. The guy was very helpful, connected to my laptop and configured it. It didn't, and still doesn't work. same IP address issues. Also I have 64 bit windows 7. I hate it. Rubbish isn't the word, but at least it seems better than "8". Anyway, Virtual machines set up etc, but just won't work.
    The guy doesn't respond to anything. We are on our own!
    This is the second time. I bought off another guy, and that wouldn't work.
    I did get INPA working fine(ish) on an xp netbook, and have been using that. I can't fault the software, just the support.
    Today I received my Chinese cable and software, following advice and a link from this forum. As soon as I can brave the cold I shall try it on my E38 750.
    Should we start a thread listing these people?
    Any bright ideas out there? Somehow I have to find why my 750 has gone into engine failsafe, and transmission failsafe.
    Mike

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    mikeaj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e92stuart View Post
    I have had a similar experiance, i paid for the software, then it wouldnt communicate with the car, i asked for Technical Support & paid 30.00 MORE, this didnt work, so he asked for MORE money which i reluctently paid, You guessed it, Still not working and hes ignoring all emails and his phone number does not work!
    Gutted, i needed to program a new set of Clocks / Binnacle.
    Dont trust the Man!
    Stuart
    Follow the link somewhere on this site in PA Soft discussion. Chinese copy cable with PA Soft free trial download apparantly works. I got mine today so can't report back yet. However, it appears to do what you need, assuming it is the VIN change issue. Copy old cluster, zero miles, write to new cluster, true miles picked up and no tamper dot. I am about to try! I now have PA soft cable, carsoft cable, BMW cable, multiple versions of software etc. Sooner or later something must work!
    Mike
    Mike

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gordosp's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btedder View Post
    Hello....I had exactly the same problem but have managed to fix...hope this works for you to. When you run the "manage virtual networks" you need to ensure you are running this program as the PC ADMINISTRATOR. i.e. Right click on the program and select "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR". If you don't do this, you find that you think you have changed the subnet IP, but in fact it hasn't changed at all, and when you then try the dchp IP it gives an error message. You will also notice that the OK button is greyed out so you are unable to make the changes. When changing the dchp IP, look further up the screen and it shows you the subnet value and you will see if it has actually changed.