BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Bavarian Technic Diagnostics. anyone use it ???

17K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  dailydoggy 
#1 ·
so anyone ever use the Bavarian Technic Diagnostics they are getting good reviews , just wondering if anyone has any practical experience of them ?????

see here

http://www.bavariantechnic.com/

#4 ·
I've got this cable. It's a total different kettle of fish compared to INPA or SSS. It's their own work, just like Carsoft. Much better monitoring than INPA and you can send your fault logs to them for further diagnosis. Their cables are VIN specific...unless you obtain the pro version.

#5 ·
I've got this cable. It's a total different kettle of fish compared to INPA or SSS. It's their own work.
I'm surprised by that. The commands they are sending and reports they are receiving will be in BMW's own diagnostics language D2. I don't doubt BMW has put copyright on their Intellectual Property.

Compare this

With this.

I'd say it's just a different skin over the same data.

#13 ·
For no nonsense fault code reads, reset, adaptations, activations and live data monitoring, it's great. But I only have a enthusiast version, so cannot code. Need a pro version for that, so looking into SSS or NCS Expert instead.

I guess NealP can tell us if it really does support all the ECUs in an E36.
Cable programmed to my VIN so can't really tell you mate :frown. From the software side of E36 models, it does pick up most DME versions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.