Model of Car:
    535d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A RESET/FAULT SCANNER ,EITHER A HANDHELD DEVICE TO PLUG INTO THE OBD PLUG UNDER DASH/FOOTWELL AREA OR SOMETHING ELSE? JUST SPENT 3 HRS TRYING TO RESET FRONT BRAKE PAD WARNIG USEING THE ODO RESET BUTTON,TRIED EVERY WAY AND SOME,WAS ABLE TO SET ALL SERVICE TIMES/MILEAGE EXCEPT THE FR BRAKE PADS.HAVE TRIED NEW SENSER AND A GENUINE BMW ONE BUT NO JOY.HAD TO TAKE IT IN TO A INDI BMW GUY AND HAVE HIM SCAN VIA A LAPTOP ANG GET IT TO RESET,WAS STUCK ON MINUS 4600MILES,,,,MY FAULT FOR MOT CHANGING THE SENSER(12POUNDS OR 20 BMW ITEM) WHEN NEW DISC AND PADS ALL ROUND LAST YEAR,,, NOW IM 60 POUNDS LIGHTER AND WALLET EASIER TO SIT ON.WOULD LIKE TO INVEST IN A MAGIC TOOL INSTEAD OF PAYING THROUGH THE NOSE FOR A ITEM THAT IS NOW A MOT FAILURE AS DASH WARNING LIGHT WILL CAUSE A FAIL AT MOT TIME,OTHER THAN THAT IT WENT THROUGH MOT WITH NO OTHER PROBLEMS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    PromETHieus's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    I have recently done mine and wondered about a reset for the wear sensors, but these are not a reset thing, you must still have a faulty sensor, as when all of these are all correct, the warning light will automatically go out, as it is a matter of the system sensing completed circuit, this is what I have been informed. Until then you need to check that all the sensors are working. I did find that when i had to replace mine and it was a reproduced one, not a genuine BMW one, I plugged it in and still had a fault light on dash, rechecked the connector of the new sensor plug and found a bent pin, had to strip the sensor plug, straighten out pin and reinsert it properly, once this was done, the warning lamp on dash went out.
    Hope this helps.