2008 E91 325D Diagnostic tool functions

Notices
 

Thread: 2008 E91 325D Diagnostic tool functions

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. 2008 E91 325D Diagnostic tool functions 
    #1
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    spritzer's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325d
    Year of Manufacture:
    2007
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    burnley
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi just had DPF removed and deleted at ecotune Glasgow last year.No problems at all ,no more DPF light any more.With the package i received two maps eco and enviro.I also received a flash tool/programmer combined with code reader.Just wondered what function the code reader has, and how to use it.Do i need to connect to my laptop etc.I am new to looking for for and clearing fault codes,and any help appreciated
    Cheers Spritzer
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    Super Moderator
    Car Details
    dailydoggy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    dailydoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,347
    Thanks
    1,814
    Thanked 5,247 Times in 4,081 Posts
    ide be more worried ya car is now an instant MOT failure and in the eyes of the law illegal for road use, which completely invalidates ya car insurance and third party liabilities leaving yaself potentially wide open for private prosecution for losses and injurys etc in a worst case scenario...
    330i sport a big chunk of berlin...

     
     

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to dailydoggy For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  5.  
    #3
    Banned
    Car Details
    shamon he hee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535 diesel power
    Year of Manufacture:
    56
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    inngerland
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dailydoggy View Post
    ide be more worried ya car is now an instant MOT failure and in the eyes of the law illegal for road use, which completely invalidates ya car insurance and third party liabilities leaving yaself potentially wide open for private prosecution for losses and injurys etc in a worst case scenario...
    OK OK OK ,FFS
    This is your well documented and repeated opinion,,,,,,,,,,,but come on man,,,how long you gonna sound like the preverbial STUCK RECORD
    you really are starting to sound very very boring mate,its sooooooooo tiresome
    KEEP ON TOPIC or butt out
    hehee
     
     

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to shamon he hee For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  7.  
    #4
    Super Moderator
    Car Details
    dailydoggy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    dailydoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,347
    Thanks
    1,814
    Thanked 5,247 Times in 4,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shamon he hee View Post
    OK OK OK ,FFS
    This is your well documented and repeated opinion,,,,,,,,,,,but come on man,,,how long you gonna sound like the preverbial STUCK RECORD
    you really are starting to sound very very boring mate,its sooooooooo tiresome
    KEEP ON TOPIC or butt out
    hehee
    my opinion?? since when has the new VOSA and MOT laws bin merely my opinion

    all diesel owners with or without DPF's should be made aware of this as most still dont know the recent change in the law regarding DPF's..

    only ignorant gonks scoff and sneer at such serious things as road illegal and no insurance...
    330i sport a big chunk of berlin...

     
     

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to dailydoggy For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  9.  
    #5
    Banned
    Car Details
    shamon he hee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535 diesel power
    Year of Manufacture:
    56
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    inngerland
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dailydoggy View Post
    all diesel owners with or without DPF's should be made aware of this as most tstill dont know..

    only ignorant gonks scoff and sneer at such serious things as road illegal and no insurance...
    BUT ,the question/thread is about what function does his code reader have?and how to use it?
    nothing more and nothing less
    why dont you create a sticky for all the uneducated (or bothered) to refer to regarding dpf removal/invalid insurance/ignorance?????????
    and leave the threads to run their course!
    hehee
     
     

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to shamon he hee For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  11.  
    #6
    Banned
    Car Details
    shamon he hee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535 diesel power
    Year of Manufacture:
    56
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    inngerland
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shamon he hee View Post
    BUT ,the question/thread is about what function does his code reader have?and how to use it?
    nothing more and nothing less
    why dont you create a sticky for all the uneducated (or bothered) to refer to regarding dpf removal/invalid insurance/ignorance?????????
    and leave the threads to run their course!
    hehee
    ha
    already quoted ya before ya edited ya post
    shamon
     
     

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to shamon he hee For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  13.  
    #7
    Super Moderator
    Car Details
    dailydoggy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    dailydoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,347
    Thanks
    1,814
    Thanked 5,247 Times in 4,081 Posts
    whats the point of him procceding in his current questioning if he is not even aware he has made his car road illegal etc and maybe wasting further time and money?

    wot should ya do? anwser just his initial question and let him merrily break the law and waste piles of cash and leave him unaware of his folly?

    real sense in volunteering good forum information logic that is....
    330i sport a big chunk of berlin...

     
     

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to dailydoggy For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  15.  
    #8
    Banned
    Car Details
    shamon he hee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535 diesel power
    Year of Manufacture:
    56
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    inngerland
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 93 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dailydoggy View Post
    whats the point of him procceding in his current questioning if he is not even aware he has made his car road illegal etc and maybe wasting further time and money?

    wot should ya do? anwser just his initial question and let him merrily break the law and waste piles of cash and leave him unaware of his folly?

    real sense in volunteering good forum information logic that is....
    but ya assuming he doesnt know
    he may well have made the conscious decision to be a 21 century rebel and stick two fingers up the the holyier than thou ritechous do=gooders amongst the motoring fraternity
    and NOW would simply know how to use his reader and what functions does it have

    OH and dont rip any more music offa the net or promote dodgy inpa software for laptops
    shamon
     
     

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to shamon he hee For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  17.  
    #9
    Super Moderator
    Car Details
    dailydoggy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    dailydoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,347
    Thanks
    1,814
    Thanked 5,247 Times in 4,081 Posts
    if he is aware fare enough i dont really care its his problem when he goes for an MOT not mine, but if he dosent or didnt know then he is up to speed now and can make logical decisions and choices where he's goin with his car and the law....
    330i sport a big chunk of berlin...

     
     

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to dailydoggy For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

  19.  
    #10
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    lee_h's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2000
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    lee_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    2,251
    Images
    1
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 971 Times in 838 Posts
    Well that soon escalated.....


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
     
     

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to lee_h For This Useful Post:

    spritzer (31-01-2014)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts