2005 E46 330 Which Scan Tool and software?

Notices

Thread: 2005 E46 330 Which Scan Tool and software?

Reply to Thread
  1. 2005 E46 330 Which Scan Tool and software? 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Theochh's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330es
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi

I am intrested in purchasing one of these units but with so may on the market I have narrowed down my list to the following

OBDPro
    OBDKey v1.3
    All-In-One

Do any board members use any of the above? any good or bad feedback?

I am also curious about the software, use a free version or invest in a paid version?

I know that ultimately the Peake Research tool R5/FCX-3 is the best for BMWs but I feel this is relatively limited in its abilty to plot graphs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    btccfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    728 and 745
    Year of Manufacture:
    1996 and 2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    My dad and I used to do lpg conversions (aswell as much more fun things which I won't bore you with) so I've used a few different ones. Whether you want to use one on an older car with the round plug under the bonnet or with an eobd socket inside the car the best one I've used for BMW's is the Autel maxidiag EU702. One I've got will do everything on VAG cars but won't even read french cars (I don't blame it) and won't touch bmw airbag systems. But the Autel does everything on BMW's (at least all the ones I've used it on) eobd or pre eobd.
    Unfortunately I can't tell you where to get one or how much it costs because dad got it and he's on his hols but I'm sure you can find one somewhere if you look hard enough!
    I use it at the mo to turn my airbag light off on my 02 745 until I get round to putting a new sensor in the seat but when I use to use it on my e38 728 for whatever reason it was always warning me of things I didn't even know I had a problem with (ie whichever cylinder running too lean etc) so it is very handy
    If for whatever reason you can't find one let me know and i'll find out for you

EDIT-
    Oh I just read your post properly!! If you want to plot graphs and print them I'd have thought you're better off with a laptop and the right software. I can't remember what we used to use but for engine management we did it all by laptop.