Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 330ci MK2 GTI View Post
    i should ve mentioned without going to the stealer, they charged my dad £79 to reset it last year.

Im noty willing to pay them this much hence looking for a tool, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_2274wt_958

or perhaps B200
    a kind member said that it would pass MOT even if the light is on so i wont bother
    Indy rather than dealer?

Carsoft would be the easiest to use and can read/reset the airbag light on th E36/E46. Inpa works well and is more advanced but you need to know the model of the modules you are trying to connect to.

The cable in the link should work with your car. It's interesting that he hasn't mentioned what models the lead will work with as I suspect it would only work with certain models. You may also need a USB to Serial adapter.
    The installation of the software is pretty involved. You'll need about 20GB of hdd space and will be installing VMWare configuring networking etc. I suspect that the CD supplied probably has a image on it for GT1, if not you will be installing and configuring a version of SCO Unix and setting up the networking to connect back to Ediabas running on your PC.

My advice if you were trying to reset the airbag light on the E46 would be to give the software in that link a go. The first part of the install would be to configure Inpa/Ediabas on your laptop and ensure that you can connect to your car before you install GT1. This should give you the ability to reset the airbag light. Once you have have done that, you can then have a go at getting GT1 going as it's a pretty cool toy!

An easier install for Inpa would be to use a Vagcom lead.

Ian

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian S For This Useful Post:

330ci MK2 GTI (19-05-2010),RYM (18-05-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    330ci MK2 GTI's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    convertible

Thanks
    thanks lan

5. airbag reset 
    Banned
    Car Details
    diagnostic man's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e30
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffelkin View Post
    Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have a 2002 325i Touring and I need to re-set my Air Bag Light on the dashboard.

I had disconnected the side airbag to adjust a sticking front passenger window. After reconnecting it having fixed the window issue the AIrbag Light on the dashboard now stays on. Having read a number of threads it was suggested that disconnecting the battery overnight may perform a ‘system reset’ – it did not. The light comes on at first point on the ignition goes off briefly and the comes back on and stays on.

Does anyone live near SE London (Bromley) who has a Peake Diagnostic tool that could reset it for me. There is the possibility that there is something else wrong and it is just a coincidence that the light came on after my tinkering! I have checked the connections under the seat and they seem to be fine. I’d rather not go directly to BMW for obvious costly reasons!

Kind regards,

Damian
    Theres a tool on ebay called b800 airbag reset tool which will do it, which is a £100 cheaper than peake and does the same job, hope this helps

Banned
    Car Details
    diagnostic man's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e30
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Have a look on ebay for the B200 airbag tool or the b800 airbag tool there around £35 to £40, i have the tool if your local to birmingham i'll do it for yer

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    pauld158's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Convertable

Thanks
    Hi , I'm in Bexley and have the code reader and the rest tool , if thats any help

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pauld158 View Post
    Hi , I'm in Bexley and have the code reader and the rest tool , if thats any help
    In exchange for a beer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12