BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 325i touring Resetting Airbag Light - Peak Tool

11K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  xXNealXx 
#1 ·
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have a 2002 325i Touring and I need to re-set my Air Bag Light on the dashboard.

I had disconnected the side airbag to adjust a sticking front passenger window. After reconnecting it having fixed the window issue the AIrbag Light on the dashboard now stays on. Having read a number of threads it was suggested that disconnecting the battery overnight may perform a ‘system reset’ – it did not. The light comes on at first point on the ignition goes off briefly and the comes back on and stays on.

Does anyone live near SE London (Bromley) who has a Peake Diagnostic tool that could reset it for me. There is the possibility that there is something else wrong and it is just a coincidence that the light came on after my tinkering! I have checked the connections under the seat and they seem to be fine. I’d rather not go directly to BMW for obvious costly reasons!

Kind regards,

Damian

#5 · (Edited)
1997 E36 318IS COUPE - airbag warning light on/query if carsoft can reset airbag circuit

Hi,

I was searching the forums with a with a similar airbag light reset/carsoft query - but didn't find a post with a 'definitive' answer.

I have a 1997 E36 coupe and my airbag light stays on.

Would appreciate if anyone can advise on the following;

1. Can carsoft code read/reset the airbag light/circuit?

2. Is it a good system to purchase?

3. Does anyone know a good supplier (cheap) for replacement passenger seat sensor mats?

Just want to check before placing any orders.

Thanks,

Mark.

#6 ·
Please familiarise yourself with the Forum Postin Rules, accessed by clicking the link in my post. This enables full functionality of the search post and ensures you get a quick, applicable response.

Please edit your thread title accordingly. :)

YEAR / Exx DESIGNATION / MODEL - ISSUE, PROBLEM or COMMENT

#10 · (Edited)
i should ve mentioned without going to the stealer, they charged my dad £79 to reset it last year.

Im noty willing to pay them this much hence looking for a tool, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....88629&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_2274wt_958

or perhaps B200
a kind member said that it would pass MOT even if the light is on so i wont bother :)

looks like that is a good tool on ebay in the link above, provided it does what the seller says and is not a pirated version.

peake research tools are also good ,but there is one for engine faults and another for the aibag sytem-they are expensive though-over a £100 each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.