BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2002 E46 325ci P0011 Error Code+what is it??

Tags
p0011
10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  yascooluk 
#1 · (Edited)
hi Guys,

i need some help....ive been suffering from a couple of problem recently....

firstly the temperature gauge just takes ages to get to 12 o clock position and then flucuates up and down.....

secondly the engine cuts out whilst im in idle or a traffic lights for example....it doesnt happen regular but is annoying!!....when it cuts out it starts up again no problem....

anyway ive invested in a OBD scanner and when hooking it up i get an code
p0011...Camshaft position actuator A- bank 1 timing over -advanced.

any idea whats going on?.....i dont get a fault code to explain the temperature problem either??

#2 ·
Can you please include your car details in your thread titles.Been done for you this time :thumbsup

Sounds like you need a new Cam-shaft sensor and a new thermostat.Don't think a thermostat will throw up a code but if its fluctuating then its definately not working as it should :frown

#4 ·
cam sensor and cam position sensor are the same thing. P0011 isn't a BMW specific fault code so you should get the BMW fault codes read as your reader cant access them so you will be missing out on faults that could point you towards the problem. A BMW indy garage will be able to read the codes for you.

#5 ·
ok guys iv got an update.

firstly many thanks as it turns out the temperature problem was a faulty thermostat...now replaced with a new one....car warms up in literally 10mins now.....

secondly......im still having cut out problems as above....i erased the code on the OBD and it cut out on me again yesterday....rescanned on got the same code....

do you think it is the cam sensor or could it be an ICV problem??...if so what kind of cost am i looking at??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.