hi there my obd 2 cable is not being recongised by my bmw e46 318ise and i also brought some obd 1 and 2 software to do the other stuff and when i was testing out my cable in my car with my laptop i was changing the com port on the laptop obd 2 cable software for the car to come up on one of com ports but the car was not coming up on the software and if you want to know i did not install the drivers for cable just used the windows update automatic install drivers then after the drivers installed i tested it out in my bmw and the bmw was not coming up on any of the com ports in the obd cable software then i tryed running the car then i noticed that i was not getting any response out of that ether so i turned off the car then tryed turning the ignition on then the car was stalling then i used my volt meter to check the battery power and then it was to low voltage to power the car on the battery so i brought another battery and the car was back up and running again any help will be appreaciated on how to get the car to come up on one of com ports on the obd 2 software and do i need to install obd 2 drivers that come with the obd cable for the car to come up on one of the com ports on the obd 2 software

the laptop i am using is a comaq with windows 7 32bit

the obd 2 cable
VAG GROUP USB OBD2 II KKL ECU DIAGNOSTIC CABLE LEAD Compatible VCDS-LITE or 409 | eBay

the obd 1 and 2 software
OBD 1 and 2 Car Diagnostic Software ECU latest advanced remapping tuning 4 Discs | eBay