2000 E46 323ci vert DIS SSS Issue ........

Notices

Thread: 2000 E46 323ci vert DIS SSS Issue ........

Reply to Thread
  1. 2000 E46 323ci vert DIS SSS Issue ........ 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gav2504's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertable
    Thanks
    Hi Guys
    I bought a usb OBD2 cable + software from BMW Cables UK a month or so back and unless someone can help me there'sa good chance that my laptop's going through my windscreen! I'm running Windows 7 32bit

I've had nothing but trouble every step of the way but through perseverance I keep getting further and further.

Inpa/Ediabas works perfectly!!!!!!!!!

The issue I have is when setting up the DIS or SSS (both connected to car) It comes back with messages like the following:

No data could be read out of the vehicle. This maybe due to the following causes: Diagnosis bus defective. ..... No communication with the control units.
    On the SSS I did get a pin15 message once but only once out of the many times i've tried so don't think that has anything to do with it.

It wont find my car automatically so I try manually and it comes back with 2000 03 or 2000 06 to choose from I'm guessing the 3 and 6 are months???? When connected to Inpa it I.d's my car's 2000 08

If I go onto Diagnosis it wont highlight any modules at all but if I click on them individually it seems to be doing something but doesn't tell me whether there's an issue or not. At some point during diagnosis it seems to know that I have a problem with coolant outlet sensor and cps (exhaust side) which I already know from running Inpa. So if it can detect that I have faults then i'm assuming that it's connected even though i'm getting messages saying that it's not.

Any ideas guys??????

Gav

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Bmw techy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    sounds like the lead isnt set up to work with DIS, assuming its set up in terms of an individual USB port ( settings are in the instructions ? ) and you have DIAG head emulator running, and also the fshv server, Then it needs setting up in DIS its self.

have you gone into ADMIN and looked for the screen where it says "free diagnostic heads" once its in there and selected you have to assign it the IP address of the VM ie DIS something like 198.168.68.0 ? (this is off the top of my head) and then give the lead an IP usually the same but with different ending, ive installed it my self and for other people with the same instructions, simply following the steps to the letter and its never not worked??

Also make sure all Anti Virus is turned off. and you either have it bridged automatically in VM ware are you have your ethernet device selected (some laptops have 2, one for wired and one for wireless)
    Mr BMW Tech

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmw techy For This Useful Post:

gav2504 (16-07-2012)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gav2504's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertable
    Thanks
    diagnostic heads has been set up and connected. Couldn't seem to dissable the anti-virus so removed it altogether and firewall's disabled. I'm at the stage after that on DIS. I'll check on the ethernet device again but I can't see it being different to what you've said as i've lost count how many times i've checked it already
    Last edited by gav2504; 16-07-2012 at 20:02.

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gav2504's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertable
    Thanks
    Still set up to automatically bridge and it's still on com 1 ...........
    Only thing that I can think of is on the environment variables I had no path on either user or system variables so I created a system variable and added the value ........... %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\Sy stem32\Wbem;c:\ediabas\bin
    After loadsa research I found that someone had created a user variable instead of system variable and the value was set as ......... c:\ediabas\bin; They claimed that it worked So I tried that too.

I've currently got both

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gav2504's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Convertable
    Thanks
    Latest update ........ After more head scratching i'm now further back than I was before !!!
    On first attempt I went onto configure diagnostic head and there's nothing in the box for free diagnostic heads. Come out of it and try to connect and i had the box saying ...... The diagnostic head is connected and could be reached.
    Still didn't work though.

After a few more attempts i've had various messages appear ....... Some of which are:

No response from diagnostic head. Check the cabling. Press "repeat" and restart the diagnostic head within the next minute by disconnecting the diagnostic head from the vehicle and then reconnecting it.

Diagnosis bus error. Communication between operating unit and diagnostic head is impaired. Error number;'200.159

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    treborrevilo's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    Im having the same issues and its sending me nuts!! Almost punched the wall or smashed something several times!!
    Cable also bought from BMW cables after buying and returning a K+DCAN that I thought was faulty.. maybe not!! I’ve spent the last 3 weeks on and off trying to diagnose my 325ti warning lights, I followed BMW cables instructions fully and numerous various tutorials on forums. Can’t get INPA to connect or read as im getting IFH error messages, DIS also isn’t showing a free diagnostic head!!

Help appreciated pls

10. DIS and SSS Setup 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    ZildjianAs's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    528i SPORT
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    A
    Car Body Type:
    Sal
    Thanks
    Hey Everyone,
    New to this bimmer forum but not a newb to bimmers. I am listed on the other bimmer sites as well. I'm a HO for INFO.
    After reading countless threads on this topic I had to add my experiences. I believe many have tried and quit because they cant figure it out.
    Like all of you, I to started the install of DIS SSS and TIS. My install was pretty clean and straight forward. Only because my directions were pretty clear and
    the support was Great! A dude from the UK is selling these CDs on Flea-Bay with email and Teamviewer support.
    My ride is a 2000 528i sport. Right off the bat this car throws flags for this install and setup. I have the March (03) edition and from what I understand is, this
    is a point where both 16 and 20 pin are both used for different areas of this software. Now to the setup.
    I have all working except auto recognition. My support seems to think an extra jumper needs to be added for this to work. He sent me a DIY and while performing this DIY my 20pin has this already populated, but it still wont auto recognize this E39.

I have all notes images and research up until this point. With a little knocking of heads, I'm sure this can be corrected. After many months of getting this far, I would hate to quit now. My setup is on an Acer Netbook, Win7, USB to Serial Adapter. The Netbook is integrated into the car. Its for NAV as well as my optional head unit. Having the diagnostics only competes this package.

Thanks for reading,

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Xelion's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    BMW 330d e91
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks