Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    tourer

Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before going on my holiday my car was very low on fuel, 10 miles left as computer picked up. put in 50.00 worth of fuel and treated system with fuel cleaner, after doing around 300 miles and using another 25.00 fuel with the car driving fine i left the motorway to have engine warning light come on?

ive had car on computer and has shown code 001 1 code 171 check fuel supply system, ecu code po170, been told possible injector failing of seeing cylinder low on reading one not going over 0ne, and two others peaking two going back next week but on return trip light didn't reappear. but since light has shown performance is definitely down, garage will check the system injectors i was going to replace the plugs but was told they wont get the light on.have had a quick check of maf boot the best i can without removing seems ok. ive just under half a tank left with with red ex treatment added as the cars driving ok but seems to be slightly down on power,should i continue and use the fuel up before re-booking at the garage as ive now done 30 miles without the light appearing, at a loss on what to do as i dont want to follow the practice of change this change that ,may be just panicking !! but feel if the cleaner has been doing its job it may clear itself or i should wait and see if light comes back on car drove better yesterday can i cause any problems continuing driving help me choose the correct path !!!!!!
    Last edited by gazzer01278; 18-07-2010 at 22:29. Reason: wrong title asked to adjust

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,073 Times in 4,855 Posts
    Hi gazzer...we need to know what car yuou've got thats why its one of the rules to post the details in the thread titles...Can you please see the how to iun my sig on how to do this

Super Moderator
    Car Details
    dailydoggy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,090 Posts
    i wouldnt use any sort of injector cleaner it descales fuel pipes and if its after the filters any scale or muck ends up blocking the injector..

you may just have sucked up a load of sediment for the tank ide have the fuel filter checked and the fuel pump suction strainer..
    330i sport a big chunk of berlin...

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    wagwan04's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto/steptronic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Get your breather pipe changed and your vent valve changedit will set you back about 60 quid. Vent valve is located on the right hand side near the back of the block its a round black plastic thing with a pipe coming out of it. Hope this helps.
    (O)o (|||)(|||) o(O)
    ( o=|X69 ADZ|=o )

7. reply 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gazzer01278's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    tourer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wagwan04 View Post
    Get your breather pipe changed and your vent valve changedit will set you back about 60 quid. Vent valve is located on the right hand side near the back of the block its a round black plastic thing with a pipe coming out of it. Hope this helps.
    well had car in garage for a couple of days last week garage took it out for several drives but found nothing everything found to be fine on the computer done at least 300 miles since had the light reset and hasnt reapeared garage added more fuel cleaner the last poster didnt like this move? the car seems better at the minute planning to add some more cleaner to the system before a 200 mile trip later this week.the main problem was the lack of power and hesitation from cold on pullaways will monitor the car only comes out the garage weekends dont know if lack of use would be an issue?

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    gazzer01278's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    tourer

Thanks
    is this a diy breather pipe change and valve, im thinking of seeing how it goes for now as going to give it another good run as going on holiday so a bit of motorway may be good for it can i ask why u think this may help? thanks for your help