BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 e39 523 key syncronizing

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  panmove 
#1 ·
i have a 2000 e39 and the battery went flat now the car will not start i have gone into the system using carsoft and the fault is in the ews key not reconisied i have tryed to sycncronise it but it keeps failing i have also read the dme and have two codes 123/128 can anyone advise me on where i go from here many thanks mark

#2 ·
Carsoft EWS syncing is either poor or non existent.

The codes you have are Map cooling thermostat (common problem, and not a big issue) and DME/EWS communication.

With the battery going flat, it is likely that the rolling code tables have been unsynchronised, and you'll probably need it to be re-aligned with better BMW diagnostics, either DIS/GT1 or possibly INPA.

#3 ·
try to diagnose with BMW gt1 / OPS/OPPS/Icom.I think useless if you use carsoft.If the problem is the key unrecognised,then your key is damaged.Change the chip inside the key and program it with bmw keymaker.That's all,you can't synchronised the key if it is unrecognised.:thumbsup:thumbsup:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.