BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    markyp's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    Hi, the problem is after the car has been run, when I come to a stop and the engine is idleing the EML light comes on (it seems to happen as soon as I start to let the revs rise after idleing).
    My peake tool says the error is (table 27, code Ab - check fuel supply system) I understand this (Peake)error code relates to (Fault code 171 mixture too lean or P0170 Fuel trim bank 1 malfunction. Most likely you have a air leak after the Air flow meter or before the Lambda sensor.) - Thanks Ronnie. But i can't find/hear any air leaks in this area, nothings obvious, the rocker cover to CCV hose is old but looks ok - would a faulty CCV cause this?
    The car generally runs well, but I have started to notice that on full throttle openings it is a bit lumpy

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Bournemouth, Dorset.
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Usually you can hear a kind of whistling/sucking noise from the little triangular vent on the top of the crankcase valve if they are bad. Otherwise it "could" be a lambda sensor problem, if you never have a problem when the car is cold then this would help confirm it, as the ECU doesn't use the Lambda sensor when cold. (open loop)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronnie For This Useful Post:

markyp (20-06-2010)