Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    could anyone help with this error? i did the stomp test, 5 times the accelerator, etc, and this is what i came with: code 1211 - something wrong with the ECU. car is running fine, no probs what so ever.

i am able to reset all error codes, if i remove the live from the battery and leave it for a couple of minutes, then when i put the live back and read the codes, i get a short flash, pause, and a long one. i press the acc for more than 10 sec, codes reset, get the reading again and it flashes 1444 - no faults. i start the engine, check engine turns off, everything good. but on the next start, CEL will be on again and codes reading return 1211 (DME) again.

could this be because of the chip tuning? coz i dont see any other explanation. what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    shamM3's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Vert
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Yeah probably the chiptunning. Get it on a proper machine and see what it brings up

Also I didn't know you could do the "stomp" test on a bm? Care to explain the details?

Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    mistreku's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    thanks for the reply. yea, my thoughts exactly. i read a few more random post on other forums, apparently most of the guys had the same problem after installing ebay chips, pirated software (get what you pay for/deserve -lol). the stomp test is that self-diagnose test on the OBD I bm's ('88-'95), where you put your ignition on (second position) and press the accelerator 5 times in 5 sec. then the check engine will flash you the error codes that the ECU has been gathering about your car. it works on all US bm's, and on EU bm's as well, but you just need to wire a pin (in europe, we only got half the wiring for the CEL, meaning the half from ecu to X20 connector. from x20 connector, you have to take a wire to the CEL in the instrment cluster) if interested, i'll explain how. cheers!
    Last edited by mistreku; 07-05-2010 at 14:52.