BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Which snap-in adapter for an iPhone 3GS

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  eqcons 
#1 ·
I'm a newbie to all of this, so please forgive my lack of knowledge, and apologies if the answer is freely available on the board, I just couldn't find it!

I've got a new E92 M3 Coupe on order, and it'll have the Media Package. It will NOT have the "Internet" or "Mobile Application Preparation" or "Telephone USB audio interface" options, unless the Media Package includes any of those - which I think it does??? :confused:confused

My phone is an iPhone 3GS, and my question - do I need one of these snap-in adapters, and if so, which? I see a number of different part numbers, eg:

84.21-2 158 682-01
84 21-2 158 683
84.21-2 218 391
84.21-2 151 038-03

As far as I can make out, 682 is to allow use of the phone only, so that should be OK. 683 seems to be for "music" (+ the phone I hope?) which would be to make the iPhone play music over the sound system? 391 is for "media" so I'm guessing thats to allow the car's stuff to use the phone for a data connexion??

038 - I haven't a clue!

Please can anyone advise a dunce? :embarrassed:embarrassed

Jim

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.