BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

iPhone and pro nav

Tags
iphone pro
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kuroblack 
#1 ·
ello everyone!

I'm on board at last! Just picked up my '10' plate D3 BiTurbo Touring yesterday and love it! I've been after one for ages, but as I'm sure you lot are all too aware already, they are extremely rare beasts on the used market....!

Anyway, a question straight off....I managed to blag myself an in car cradle for my iPhone 4 with the deal and snapped it in only to find that it was the kind that merely charges and doesn't allow music to be played through at all....no use to neither man nor beast I thought, so back on the phone and got them to swap it for a 'Y' cable to do the job (I'd seen the USB port in the glove box so assumed it'd work)...got it home, plugged it in - same problem, different location...charges the iPhone but doesn't play (I'm guessing as the jack plug isn't plugged into anything...)

So my problem is, if the USB port is in the glove box, yet the AUX port (3.5 jack) is in the arm rest, how do I hook it so that the iPhone (music) can be used through the (VERY nice) professional nav set up??

Sorry if this has been answered a million times already, if it has, please just point me to the correct thread and I'll look!

Anyway, amazingly happy to be aboard, and absolutely LOVE the car already!

Cheers,

Mark.

See less See more
#4 ·
I think you'll need to check the original options for the car, I could be miles out but you may be missing USB prep. The socket in the glove box is for transferring data on and off the internal HDD. The socket by the Aux in is the one that drives the iPhone or USB stick, whichever you choose.

If yiu've got Bluetooth there's a way of accessing music on your iPhone that way, the dealer set mine up but I have never used it, I've found it easier to just plug in a 16gb USB stick.

I'm a bit of a newbie to BMW though, so take my views with a pinch of salt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.