BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

BMW stereo and IPOD

52K views 95 replies 45 participants last post by  Den13 
#1 ·
#66 ·
It seems that you can do it yourself with the right OBDII lead and SSS/Progman v32. I'm looking into trying that (mine also doesn't play mp3 CDs), but I'm currently without my car, and there's no point trying to program my Dad's Zafira ;(

If you google "progman v32" or "bmw sss", you might find a little light reading...

#67 · (Edited)
spent the last 2 hours looking through old bfuk threads and now tired and confused. will go talk to my local Indy in Windsor and see if he can't install the bmw ipod interface for me - then i'm not bothered with the 6 cd changer and the mrs can use the single CD for her genuine cd's.
buy a 2nd hand ipod classic and rock on!! :)

#69 ·
So I burned a cd in itunes, and the track names show up in my idrive, but when i burned a cd in WMP, no names! In itunes there was an option to do an MP3 or an audio cd but it wouldn't let me burn it as an MP3 cd? So I still don't know if I have the correct software in my Idrive. Any ideas based on this?
thanks

#70 ·
i burned a data cd with 70dd mp3 files amd annoyingly my wifes Merc picks them up and shows song name etc and plays perfectly ... after 2 days of her saying "my car is better than yours" , i booked mine in for 20th June to have the ipod kit installed ... lets see what she has to say about that come week Monday :silly

Reactions: mnk303
#71 ·
Where are you taking it to have the work done. I checked with a uy in London and he quoted me £600 plus VAT to have a dension installed with relevant coding done to Idrive. Seems a bit steep, particularly as i could buy the Dension from ebay for c.£250, and self-install (or ask Bookwyse very nicely to have a look at doing it for me!!). My only problem is the programming, to get track names etc to show up.

#75 ·
a denison 500 would be the best bet as it will allow you to have both in one unit

#81 ·
Where to site the Gateway 500

Hi,
This is my first post here but pleased to say I have just fitted my Gateway 500 to my 2008 E60 with CDC.

So my question is, where have people actually fitted the Gateway. I only have room in the glove compartment itself as the fuse box and CDC take up too much room behind.

Maybe the question to Jeff who's guidance I followed explicitly to the point and it worked first time thank you?

Cheers
Jo

#84 ·
Thank you

Jeff,

Thank you for your quick reply - please forgive me for being a complete numpty though - does that mean you've actually popped off the fascia above the glove comparment and the Gateway is behind there and managing to be above the CDC?

Or did you take off the 'ceiling' off the glove compartment and that's how you get to above the CDC? To be honest I didn't know that bit came off easily or how so just have everything scudding about in the glovebox at the moment.

Being a bit new poking about in my E60 I was loathe to take too much to pieces first time for fear of making a total horlicks of it?

Given that my next plan is to add to this the AVR extension I would like to find the room for both.

Thanks
Jo

#87 ·
E65 AUX IOC IPod

Looked all over the forum can't find so posting,

Question1. How hard to get the I drive sys on an 2006 Satav 730d to show aux input and then I presume you can pick up the connection from the boot where the cd stacker would go.

Question 2, asked local BMW dealer to quote to fit IPod adapter, approx £525
Local indi said about £500. So n point in using an indi.

Question3 anyone know he to get to the ack of the cd changer in a e65 car pleas.

Sorry all questions

#88 ·
Looking at the Dice thingy...

The Latest word on the Dice Duo says it work with iPhone 3G... That's getting a bit long in the tooth (though i still have one lol) but can anyone confirm it works with the iP4 & 4S?

I'm pretty sure it will considering all my other attachments work with the 3G work with the iP4 also.

#89 ·
2008 Edition M Sport iDrive needs iPod connection

Folks, another idrive and iPod query... Not getting my car till Friday but it is a 2008 Edition M Sport iDrive model. Car has an aux in the arm rest but didn't see a USB. Looking for iPod / iPhone control and display via idrive and steering wheel.

Any clues on what to do? Clueless about idrive for now but used to work in car accessory shop when at uni and get paid to fit these type of things... But a bit out of touch now.

Don't know much about the idrive system other than that it looked good and car had full leather and a factory towbar. Not into the idea of shelling out another few hundred quid on an adaptor box and interfere with the approved used warranty, especially after shelling out a lot of dosh for the car.

#93 ·
Morning gents,

Thought i'd try and resurrect an old thread for some advice! I'm sure its already in this thread somewhere but I dont fancy scrolling through 10 pages of topic!

Anyway, I have a 2005 E46 320d touring with the business cd installed (no changer in the boot), with factory bluetooth.

I currently connect my iphone via bluetooth for calls but i'd like a way of connecting either my iphone or ipod to the business cd for music streaming and charging.

I've seen various dension and connect 2 and dice interfaces but i'm a little lost as to which one could be for me!?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers,

Jordan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.