BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2006 E90 330i - iDrive with iPhone 4

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mark@vorny.co.uk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey All

I just got a late 2006 330i with the iDrive and I want to get it playing the music I have on my iPhone on the iDrive (Bluetooth calls work fine).

I tried BMW and they have said I cannot just replace the Nokia snap in case in the centre console with an iPhone one as my iDrive doesn't support it - bummer! Apparently only the later versions support it.

I have done quite a bit of searching and quite a few people seem to have this working - wtf! Quite a few of the posts and vids out there show the iPhone shows an error message with the iDrive similar to mine and then works fine. Is that why BMW say it wont work. Totally confused! :confused

Thanks

#2 ·
It's a shame that BMW bluetooth does not support A2DP otherwise we would all be laughing. If you want streaming over bluetooth, you can get a receiver dongle for the AUX socket and a transmitter adapter for your i-phone. Otherwise, BMW sell a retro wired iphone kit.

#3 ·
Yep - bluetooth would be excellent. You can get bluetooth audio recievers for the house

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0037LHU...de=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B0037LHUSE

I wonder if you can get anything similar for the car which would fit in the centre console. That would avoid running any cables which I hate.

I wonder how other people got their idrives playing the songs from an iPhone then? Think BMW would let me just give a cradle a go :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.