BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

X reg E46 320 ci - Middle button lock on key stopped working...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

915 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  scottjoh 
#1 ·
Help please!!!!

This is driving me mad, I have read many threads and still cant make heads or tails of what's wrong, the middle button "Lock" has suddenly stopped working, the unlock and boot release still work fine, but when I press lock, nothing, just the interior lights come on as normal, so I guess the key is sending out the signal, but the car is doing nothing, heard about GM5 units failing?? the lock/unlock button near the hazard light button still works fine, any ideas or help guys would be great.

Its a E46 320 ci Coupe on a 2000 X plate.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Since the car is getting the remote lock signal (interior lights turning on) I would say that it's probably the GM5. The fact that the central locking button does seem to work is not a good test since that button only activates the regular locks, not the double locks which are only activated via the key fob and the key in the driver's door. Try using the key in the driver's door, but, only turn it 1/8th turn (45 degrees). This will electronically activate lock and unlock just as the key fob would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.