Wiring M3 Wing Mirrors to Non M3 Car (E46)... PLEASE HELP!!!

Notices

Thread: Wiring M3 Wing Mirrors to Non M3 Car (E46)... PLEASE HELP!!!

Closed Thread
  1. Wiring M3 Wing Mirrors to Non M3 Car (E46)... PLEASE HELP!!! 
    Thanks
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I really need some help regarding wiring up some m3 mirrors to my car.

I have a E46 323 CI (2000) and have standard mirrors on it. I recently bought a pair of genuine E46 M3 Auto Folding mirrors (I dont know from which year). I have had them painted and fitted to the car but unfortunately I was unable to wire them up to the existing mirror adjustment switch in the car. Both sets of mirrors (Standard and M3) are UK SPEC.

The standard mirrors have 2 Plugs. 1 plug is a 6 pin (with 5 wires - Red, Green, White and 2 Black I think) and connects to the adjustment switch directly and the other plug is a 2 pin (with 2 wires - Gray/Yellow and Gray/White) and connects to another plug which disappears behind the door.

The M3 mirrors I have bought have a large 12 pin connector. There are 9 wires of various colours (10 on passenger side mirror - extra white wire is 10th wire) on the mirrors and they don't all match up to the current wire colours on my standard mirrors.

Does anybody have/know the wiring setup details of each mirror? If I know what each colour wires purpose is or what it does on each mirror (standard and M3) then I should be able to match up what they do and have the electric mirrors working.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S I found one wiring write up on e46 Fanatics forum but this is a US/EURO based forum I think and the wire colours do not match up and coincide with the wire colours on my mirrors.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual