BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Where to get H7 Bulb adaptor for E36?

Tags
h7 bulb
3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  dazza316i 
#1 ·
OK, I've got a pair of Bosch projector units (Saloon), I've got an HID kit from bmconversions which will fit them.

Rather than splice the balasts into the H7 bulb loom on the Compact, Im looking for some (female?) plugs that will go where the H7 bulb usually sits.

Can anybody point me at :

H7 bulb adaptors ,
Bosch headlight plug + loom for the 4 pin plug.

I know I could just splice in, but im planning on keeping the Compact reflector headlights for MOT time, so a wiring harness that uses the H7 housings would be plug and play come swap time.

There seem to be a few adaptors on fleabay but most are labelled up as VW or Mazda, H7 is H7 regarless of manufacturer right ?

#3 ·
If anybody is wandering WTF am I on about, here is a picture of a hacked up H7 bulb holder. The point is I dont want to hack mine up just to get the wires through. I want a plug that fits in where the bult would normally :

#7 ·
Hi Neal, Thanks for the suggestion, But I dont want to chop into anything,I was thinking Im after an adaptor that fits in place of the H7 bulb.... and basically gives me access to the wires, so I can unplug that harness and replace with H7's again should I return the headlights to the compact ones.

I think what you've posted would be to fit an H7 bulb in a none-h7 fitment ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.