Model of Car:
    320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi all, am new here and to owning a BMW.

A couple of weeks back I took ownership of a 320i e90, 2007 and so far its been great. However, like most I have been suffering the pixel fading issue on my BMW professional radio which came to the point of almost being redundant. I purchased my car from an authorised BMW dealer and have been told that they have replaced my radio (BMW professional) with a brand new one. I also have BT capability in my car.

A couple of points I want to note are:
    My car is a pre-facelift version and came with the black dials and not the silver dials which the post facelift had and after a bit of reading around those who had their radios replaced under the 12 month warranty had the post face lift version of the BMW professional radio replaced even though their cars were pre facelift.
    Also want to add that by changing radios will this affect my Bluetooth functions and capability?

I just cannot trust my dealer fully and feel like they probably 'swapped' my radio with another pre facelift radio or even did nothing at all. Has anyone had any experiences such as this?

I am abroad on a business trip at the moment and cannot pick the car up until next week once I return.

Thanks all for your input much appreciated
    Last edited by Ruv; 27-09-2013 at 02:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    gunslinger1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    company car
    Year of Manufacture:
    company car
    Transmission Type:
    company car
    Car Body Type:
    company car

Thanks
    no it wont effect your blue tooth at all , second the radio you have most prob will be a fully reconditioned unit , so it will have the upgrade PCB , you will not have any problem with the radio at all . third ,why would a dealer swop one from another car ????? or did nothing at all ??? . WHY would a multi million pound buisness , think let swop a shitty little radio and rip a guy off , and face all the bad publicity . if you dont like dealers , simple go else where . and slag them off .

Ruv
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Ruv's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger1 View Post
    no it wont effect your blue tooth at all , second the radio you have most prob will be a fully reconditioned unit , so it will have the upgrade PCB , you will not have any problem with the radio at all . third ,why would a dealer swop one from another car ????? or did nothing at all ??? . WHY would a multi million pound buisness , think let swop a shitty little radio and rip a guy off , and face all the bad publicity . if you dont like dealers , simple go else where . and slag them off .
    Thanks for your response mate. I'm not really trying to slag them off, haven't really had much experience with dealers in general. Its just that they stipulated it was a brand new radio which I suppose I would find out with the colour of the silver knobs assuming they don't make the radios with the black knobs any longer.