Sorry for this being my first post but my car isn't starting, i'm not in the AA and i need my car back on the road (will have to sort the AA out tonight incase i need a lift with the car)
Ok, so the car was fine and i'll bullet point the way the problems came about;
- unlocked on the remote and went shopping
- locked the car at the shops on the remote
- unlocked after shopping with the remote
- drove home, car didn't lock on the remote so locked on the key
- opened the back of the remote to check the batteries to replace them didn't put them back in for a good while (over a minute)
- tried starting the car without the batteries in the remote (and without the remote gubbins in the remote) it didn’t start!
- got fresh batteries in the remote
- fitted one of them the wrong way round! Doh! Still didn’t start or lock/unlock on the remote
- corrected the battery fitting mistake
- still couldn't unlock / lock with the remote
- re-sync'd the fob
- car now locks and unlocks on the remote
- car still doesn't start
- checked relays - seem fine (swapped them over)
- borrowed carsoft and laptop from a mate, found two errors - 1st being cam sensor when checking the DME, 2nd was "key 1 not recognised" when i checked EWS (key was in the barrel)
Is the Cam sensor related to it not starting, it’s not even cranking so i think the EWS is the problem but how do i know what needs replacing?
I have a spare EWS and ring around the ignition barrel from a 98 car, i even have a full key set from the 98 car but the key is a different design of course.
Really sorry to barge in and start asking for help but i really need my car back on the road and can't afford to take the car to BMW to have it fixed right now! :(