BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Parrot CK3000 with e46 steering controls, seriously confused.

Tags
ck3000
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jimmytait 
#1 ·
Right to cut a long story short, i have a 2003 40 pin e46 setup, i have installed an Alpine IVA - D310RB flip out tv/dvd setup, i have also linked an Autoloads PC99-X33 steering wheel control adaptor to keep volume controls etc. Now i need to purchase an aftermarket bluetooth fully integrated hands free kit which i have looked into and would like to purchase either the CK3000/CK3100, i understand these parrot systems can also be linked to the steering controls to also keep telephone controls, but reading on a few websites it states about getting other leads, can someone clarify details of what i need to keep and what i need to chuck to get all this working, i keep reading is about can bus, and m bus, and im really confused now, sounds like something i should be looking out for to get to work. The only how to's i have found is for attaching parrot setup to an OEM stereo. Someone please help.

#2 ·
Hi, to connect a parrot kit for use with s/w buttons you need an interface from connects 2 part no: ctunipar03, I had to get one to link ck3100 to s/w buttons I have got standard head unit but I think the only difference with your h/u will be the t-harness. to be sure get in touch with connects2 and I am sure they will tell you exactly what you need.

#5 ·
Joe is correct, that is the part for the BMW s/w controls to a Parrot. Don't think you will get any better advice barr calling Connects. You can always return it if it is completely wrong, but I think you will be OK.
This will probably get moved to the ICE section. Try a search in that section and you might get more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.