318d ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    E91 Touring

Thanks
    Dear Members,

I recently fitted a new interior and sports seats to a BMW e91 318d es. The install was very straight forward but I left a few questions on another post to guide me. The problem which I have today is that the new seats have a lumbar bolster switch on the front which I understand adjusts the width - presses forwards/ backwards. There is no other buttons and appears to be for the width function only. When I connected the yellow block under the seat, there was also a White block attached to the top with 2 wires attached. Fortunately I have male/ female for the white block which came with the newer seats but the ES doesn`t have the 2 wires on the yellow loom/ main cable which goes into the carpet. I thought about just leaving the seats as is but decided to tinker and thought that if I connect the 2 wires to a 12v socket and plug into the nearest ashtray then it would allow me to press the switch and see if it works. The 2 wire colours were blue/ grey and blue/ black and I connected to a 12v socket. When I switched on I heard a small noise from what appeared to be the rear of the seat and can only assume I may have blown the motor but not sure as I removed the socket immediately.

Would any member be able to give guidance on this so that I can test the remaining seat? I guess I connected the 2 test wires wrong. If it is the motor which made the small noise, would it be certain that the incorrect wiring has damaged it and would need replacing. On hindsight it was a stupid thing to do and I thought if I tested to ensure the switch and motor worked then I would get hard wired. Lesson is to be patience but I will know the next time. It would be a bonus having the lumber width support but if not I have the existing facia from my old seats and I can remove the switch. Help appreciated for this question and my other question,

Regards

BDM2510

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Try bmwplanet.com for all your wiring needs.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    bdm2510's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318d ES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    E91 Touring

Thanks
    Dear members

An update on my post. When I drove the car tonight I noticed that the passenger seat headrest was sitting forward. These are sports seats and I think I may have set of the active headrest. I am no expert but they were sitting flush before and I would appreciate any guidance on how to reset. The headrest isn't hardwired into the car and I guess the white block is the activation line. The headrest itself is sitting forward and at an angle. IE the 2 posts are in an angle / L shape.

Help appreciated or any links. The headrest are like normal ones and not like the 2 section ones which some of the videos show?

Regards