Year of Manufacture:
    1999 & 2007
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi,
    following a previous post, questions for the intelligent ones.

1. If I obtain a second hand LCM from a similar model can it be coded correctly to work without any problems?

2. There are a number available at the moment on EBay, and when I check the part numbers on the BMW OEM website they show as being fitted to E46 320d, although the last few numbers of the part number do differ slightly. If I buy one that shows as being from my model, will it matter that the last few numbers are different?

3. Does anyone know what the cost of a new dealer part will be............ ballpark figure ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    hi,yes it will work.i have a lcm out of a 2000 1.9l petrol e46 in my 2001 320d e46 and everything works perfect,but it will throw up the tamper dot as the vin in your cluster wont match the replacement lcm.if you have sss progman or p.a soft 1.40 you can code it yourself.just need to change the vin in the lcm to match your car.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    janeygee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d & E60LCI525d
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 & 2007
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanks for that ........... might have a look now for the software for the laptop !!! Must be a good investment for the future

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    if you get sss progmam you will need a power supply when coding your car because sss progman looks for 14 volts constant before it will code for you.

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    ok janeygee,i have an update for you.i just bought bmw scanner 1.4.0 from hongkong and i can confirm that it will deffo recode a used lcm.i just recoded mine today and it was so simple a 10 year old could do it.took just one minute.And yes it will be an investment as i have coded my lcm to my car and a dealer would charge €90 and i also got my alarm to chirp on arming and disarming with hazards flash.i can guide you thru it if you decide to buy it.also it took only 10 days to arrive to ireland from hongkong with free postage,only cost €20 something euro.if you are buying a lcm get one that has the front fogs button on it as that gives you the option of installing foglights to your car if it doesent have them allready.And ballpark for a dealer lcm is around €200.
    Last edited by edber; 07-05-2012 at 00:57.

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by janeygee View Post
    Hi,
    following a previous post, questions for the intelligent ones.

1. If I obtain a second hand LCM from a similar model can it be coded correctly to work without any problems?

2. There are a number available at the moment on EBay, and when I check the part numbers on the BMW OEM website they show as being fitted to E46 320d, although the last few numbers of the part number do differ slightly. If I buy one that shows as being from my model, will it matter that the last few numbers are different?

3. Does anyone know what the cost of a new dealer part will be............ ballpark figure ?
    To answer your question number 2 if you have entered your vin into realoem then you should go by that part numbers.your car is a 1999 320d so that means that your car goes up to 9th month 2001 which means it is also called a e46 m47 136bhp engine pre facelift model.After the 9th month 2001 bmw changed the car to m47n engine and 150bhp so yours is build up to 9th month 2001.And vin means vehicle identification number which can be found on one of your front suspension strut towers in your engine bay,its a long 17 digit number that begins with two letters of the alphabet and the rest is numbers.
    Last edited by edber; 07-05-2012 at 01:05. Reason: A

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    janeygee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d & E60LCI525d
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 & 2007
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Edber,

thanks a lot for all that info, very useful indeed.
    I took the car to my local garage and said I could get a new LCM off EBay, but he said he would have a look first at the problem. Later that day, picked the car up...........problem sorted............for 30 minutes, when the same happened. He said it was the indicator stalk switch.........I needed the car urgently at that stage and actually had to get a new indicator switch fitted 163 Euro all in .
    Howvere because of the age of the car, I'm probably going to catch more similar faults, so I will have a look at EBay for a scanner.
    If I get stuck with anything............OK to PM you ?

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by janeygee View Post
    Edber,

thanks a lot for all that info, very useful indeed.
    I took the car to my local garage and said I could get a new LCM off EBay, but he said he would have a look first at the problem. Later that day, picked the car up...........problem sorted............for 30 minutes, when the same happened. He said it was the indicator stalk switch.........I needed the car urgently at that stage and actually had to get a new indicator switch fitted 163 Euro all in .
    Howvere because of the age of the car, I'm probably going to catch more similar faults, so I will have a look at EBay for a scanner.
    If I get stuck with anything............OK to PM you ?
    glad you got sorted but you could have got an indicator switch with obc on it off ebay for around €40.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    janeygee's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d & E60LCI525d
    Year of Manufacture:
    1999 & 2007
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Edber,

yep I saw them but I needed the car and I couldn't drive around with indicator going all the time, and sidelights on when I parked up. Waiting time was too long unfortunately............that's why I'll get a scanner/coder and be prepared next time.