Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi guys, my first post here so bear with me. I did search but couldn't find anything that helped. My car in question is a 97 323i.

The Story
    The other week i came back to the car to find someone had hit my car and pushed both the headlight and indicator in. On the drivers side this is. So of course this broke the sliding parts on the indiactor light itself and while driving it fell out. I stopped and got it back in but knew this was a temp fix. So of course once i hit the motorway i found it had popped out again as i saw it fly up and down again. When i came to a stop i unfortuanlty was greeted by the sight of no light there anymore. This effected all the indicators as they wouldn't work at all, not even the hazzard button.

The Problem
    Ok so i got a new light, actually swopped both fronts for clear ones. Also went to BMW and bought a new plug and bulb holder. Wired the plug on, fitted a bulb and light was put into place. Fantastic, or so i thought. Pressed the hazzard button and heard the lights blink. Got out and looked but ffound only the passenger side was working. Tried using the stork to see if that made them work but nothing. Checked the bulbs at the front, side and rear but they were all fine.

So any ideas what i should be looking at?? Driving me mad now having to use hand signals :(

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Have you checked the fuses first?

BMW Crazed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
    Hi guys, my first post here so bear with me. I did search but couldn't find anything that helped. My car in question is a 97 323i.

The Story
    The other week i came back to the car to find someone had hit my car and pushed both the headlight and indicator in. On the drivers side this is. So of course this broke the sliding parts on the indiactor light itself and while driving it fell out. I stopped and got it back in but knew this was a temp fix. So of course once i hit the motorway i found it had popped out again as i saw it fly up and down again. When i came to a stop i unfortuanlty was greeted by the sight of no light there anymore. This effected all the indicators as they wouldn't work at all, not even the hazzard button.

The Problem
    Ok so i got a new light, actually swopped both fronts for clear ones. Also went to BMW and bought a new plug and bulb holder. Wired the plug on, fitted a bulb and light was put into place. Fantastic, or so i thought. Pressed the hazzard button and heard the lights blink. Got out and looked but ffound only the passenger side was working. Tried using the stork to see if that made them work but nothing. Checked the bulbs at the front, side and rear but they were all fine.

So any ideas what i should be looking at?? Driving me mad now having to use hand signals :(
    ok, as Ronnie suggest , check the fuse (cant recall which one it is off the top of my head)

Secondly, have you checked obvious things like the wiring connetor at the front of the car where the damage occured?

Check for a break in the wire in the boot...the left hand side hinge iirc is notorious for trapping the wires causing a break in the circuit and a loss of lights on one side of the car is possible.

There was a thread on here the other day here BMW electrical problem that showed what Im on about!