320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hello all!

Im hoping someone a lot smarter will be able to put me in the right direction.

Being the dumbass I am, I changed the Instrument cluster in my BMW 320d 2005 from the original to a used one I got off e-bay, never realising that this might even cause some sort of issues, thought it was just plug and play, and got rid of the old one. Funny thing is, I only changed it as it had the glass broken...
    Anyways, so now Im stuck in a position where as I understand, I need to re-program it? To correspond with my cars VIN number. The new cluster is showing other errors on it, even though I have already fixed them. If I understand correctly, if I do "re-program" the new cluster to get the details and vin number from the central computer, it should resolve all issues?

Having almost no experience in this, I hope someone can tell me what I need to do to re-program it, more specifically, which software to use and possibly where to get them (Or if someone has the knowledge, perhaps a step by step guide?). I do already have a KDCAN cable and an OBD cable.
    I have looked at other posts, but they dont go into too much detail.

Thank you all in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    Jarek@carprogrammer's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate
    Thanks
    You cant reprogramme nothing via OBD mate. You need open IC in order to change Vin and also adjust mileage . After that you can code it with D-can.
    Find someone who doing mileage correction. I takes max 1h
    Keys, coding, programming
    Updates, diagnosing, activations
    ECU, CAS, Navigations

www.carprogrammer.co.uk
    https://facebook.com/carprogrammer.co.uk/

BMW Master
    Car Details
    litany's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e92
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Dipity View Post
    Hello all!

Im hoping someone a lot smarter will be able to put me in the right direction.

Being the dumbass I am, I changed the Instrument cluster in my BMW 320d 2005 from the original to a used one I got off e-bay, never realising that this might even cause some sort of issues, thought it was just plug and play, and got rid of the old one. Funny thing is, I only changed it as it had the glass broken...
    Anyways, so now Im stuck in a position where as I understand, I need to re-program it? To correspond with my cars VIN number. The new cluster is showing other errors on it, even though I have already fixed them. If I understand correctly, if I do "re-program" the new cluster to get the details and vin number from the central computer, it should resolve all issues?

Having almost no experience in this, I hope someone can tell me what I need to do to re-program it, more specifically, which software to use and possibly where to get them (Or if someone has the knowledge, perhaps a step by step guide?). I do already have a KDCAN cable and an OBD cable.
    I have looked at other posts, but they dont go into too much detail.

Thank you all in advance.
    I could easy reset mileage and vin on any cluster. Will be at Birmingham this Sunday, PM me for more info.