Hi all

My car is an x reg 2000 3 series 325ci

I have xenon hid lights fitted (angel lights) and the bulb has gone front right head lamp.

The original bulb that was in, is as pictured below (on the right). The new bulb I ordered is on the left.

image.jpg

The wire connections are not the same on the two bulbs.

I have reused the two small 'metal clips' that clip in near the bulb, from the previous (old bulbs), hence why they are not in the picture above.

Can someone figure out why they are not compatible? Do I need a different bulb number (new one is h7) with different cables.

Also, the connector that goes from the ballast (which has two small metal clips on) is too big ( pic below for comparison) hence why I have had to reuse the old one. I assume it doesn't matter whether I use new or old one as they aren't directly linked to the bulb?

Picture of different clip sizes (smaller clip is the old one that fits)
image.jpg

Picture of the clips on the end of the black and red cables from the OLD (correct fit) bulb:
image.jpg

Picture of the clips on the end of the black and red cables from the NEW (incorrect fit) bulb:
image.jpg

Please help me with the bulb that I need to buy with the correct fitting cables - an easy job has turned in to a horrible job.
I need the plastic connectors to be the same as the OLD connectors from the image above (2nd image up)

Hope I've explained it okay

Thanks for your help

Mark