BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    gbl's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ci SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Car Body Type:
    It turns out that the wiring loom that controls the SRS etc is not functioning on the car it also turns out that someone (either who I bought it off, or the previous owner) has taken the airbag bulb out of the dashboard otherwise the light would have been on all of the time to warn me there was a problem.

BMW have told me that it's going to cost £423 to fix this issue, would it be possible to get the place I bought the car from to pay for the repair? I have had the car 1 year.

Also some may remember I had an issue with the ABS and ASC not working they are now working but the ABS light doesn't come on when it's activated (I think this is linked to the wiring loom). The ASC light does come on but only if I push the car in the wet or on gravel or cobbled road, I can't seem to get it to work on a normal road in the dry.

Anyone got any advice please?

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Bournemouth, Dorset.
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    Have you had the fault codes read for the Airbag system? if so what were they?

And also the ABS light doesn't usually illuminate when braking hard, just the ASC light if you are giving it some welly in the wet.