Model of Car:
    Capri
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    How do I start this thread... well, basically, I'm building up my old Capri from scratch. Been 8 years so far. Theres not much Capri left of the car to be honest, anyway, i recently trawled ebay for some electric window switches. I spent hours and hours and eventually chose some BMW E36 ones. Now, the ones that I bought had a blue plug on the back. I dissassembled the switch and internally it is a nice strong mechanical bendy spring type switch. I swapped the lamp for a blue LED and a resistor and it works great and I love it. Now, I also got some other switches supposedly for the same car but with different coloured plugs and internally they are very different, more an electronic type switch. I noticed they are two position switches...I.E. a gentle press would close one circuit and then a harder push of the button would close a 2nd circuit. I imagine that would be for normal up and down of the window and the harder press for auto express up or down.

Now this got me thinking that I would like to have that function in my car and came across a window control box on ebay for an E36

Bmw E36 Coupe Electric Window Control Unit Ecu | eBay

My problem is that I need a wiring diagram to be able to utilise it. Does anyone have one ?
    Are there different versions of this control box ? years? 2 door, 4 door? etc etc ?

Any help would really be greatly appreciated

Elliot

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    e36318iscoupe's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    any help to you
    There's an alternative. There's always a third way, and it's not a combination of the other two ways. It's a different way

I see you've made you're decision now lets see you enforce it.

The search facility on here is your friend

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES, FOR SALE RULES, & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES