Model of Car:
    E61 520d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Mornin all just posting about my touring tail gate motor, it makes a loud noise when either the glass is opened or the whole lot is opened, the sound seems to be in the nr side pillar under the trim. Just wondering if the motor is in the boot trim and if it could be serviced ie bit of WD40 or grease could be used to sort it out. Hope its not a sealed unit.
    This has made the noise on and off before but not for a long time its just come back this week and sounds a bit embarrassing in a car park, so who has ever had this problem and was it sorted OK? Ta for any response on this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    fireytj's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E61 520d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    I have fixed my tailgate motor problem thingy!!! In the 3/5 series touring on each side of the car on the C post there are two motors behind the plastic trim, one on each side. To get to the trim off its just six screws and the trim comes away.
    I have phoned my local BMW dealer and they have ordered me the trim as the motor is all in with the trim. This is bad news because the motor is very small and only operates the plastic lug for the privacy cover in the boot it should be quite cheep but the whole trim replacement is £50 Bugger.
    Never mind at least now there is no loud vibrating weeeerrrring noise coming from the back of the car every time the boot opens.