Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi folks,

I know there is a lot of topics out there on e46 central locking and GM5s etc but having a hard time finding out exactly what I need to do.

Basically, my car has started acting up and will unlock and lock itself at random when driving or when parked up. I've pulled fuse 60 in the meantime to stop the car from unlocking itself while unattended and for now am just working off the key. The alarm will also go off at random if set (usually about 3am) and today I read the codes from the shadow memory in INPA. There are 16 errors in the alarm memory for 'lock contact driver's door' and 31 for central locking 'lock contact driver's door' so obviously that's where to start.

My issue is that I'm not quite sure what to replace, central locking will always work off the key (although may lock itself straight after unlocking) but all doors lock and unlock as they should from either remote or key so I don't think it's the GM5. Similarly, the driver's door will always lock and unlock off the key or remote whereas from what I've read a duff actuator would stop the button popping up when unlocked? I've seen barrel replacement kits on ebay too but as mine locks and unlocks freely off the key I'm not sure this is what I need.

I've read about a microswitch in the door and this seems the most likely but the car will always recognise me opening/closing the door so lights buzzer etc all works as it should. Also, is this microswitch part of the actuator assembly? And if I replace the actuator will I need a new key?

Sorry for the long post, but I've been melting my head on google for the last 2 days and still uncertain what I actually need to replace so any help appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. Good Luck 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    TSE46's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    E46 Sedan

Thanks
    Had the same problem. It is the door lock/latch assembly. You need to replace part number 51217011305