E46 BMW 320d 2003 Tow bar fitting cowboys.

Notices

Thread: E46 BMW 320d 2003 Tow bar fitting cowboys.

Reply to Thread
  1. E46 BMW 320d 2003 Tow bar fitting cowboys. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    vincemedman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Z4 3.0 SE SI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    MANUAL
    Car Body Type:
    ROADSTER

Thanks
    Hi all,
    new to this forum so please go gentle.
    I bought a Witter detachable tow bar on ebay for £175 which I thought was a good price. Had it (Big pinch of salt) fitted by professionals in plaistow east london and they really messed up the electrics. The mechanical side of the fitting is ok except they left all the swarf in the boot from the drilling and left the inside boot slam trim all loose. The bypass relay is hanging down on its own wires and there are scotch locks everywhere.
    The problem is that the brake light flickers instead of the indicator and the panel on the dashboard is illuminated. I am going back monday for them to fix it after a stand up row with them. Their website looks good but the premises are rubbish. They did try to fix it when I pointed out the faults but said it would need further investigation monday.
    Has anyone got a diagram with the bypass relay that I can take with me as backup and a word of warning. Avoid BC in Plaistow.
    If they get it working I will undo all the scotch locks and solder and sleeve everything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Car Details
    edber's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 520D LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    AUTOMATIC
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Images
    Thanks
    Can you post up a pic of the relay in situ to see if its the same as mine as i have a bmw trailer module/relay in the boot beside the battery and will compare it for you and tell you the wiring layout.